Show Don't Tell - Can any audiophiles help?

Started by Anna Woriboutchu, June 25, 2020, 14:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

June 29, 2020, 16:08:33 pm #15 Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 16:10:19 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Slim on June 29, 2020, 13:25:46 pmAll I hear is a bit of sibilance in the "Sh" of "Show Me, Don't Tell Me" that immediately follows it. I think the perceived stutter in the "say" is just his voice.
I'm minded to agree. 

I've listened to the remastered version at a fair volume through near-field studio monitors, sticking my head right into the "sweet spot"; from this it seems to me that, if there's any "intrusion" into this little segment, then it sounds as if there's a touch of slapback reverb on the "Sh" and it therefore seems intentional.
The keys to happiness

Anna Woriboutchu

Quote from: Matt2112 on June 29, 2020, 16:08:33 pmI'm minded to agree. 

I've listened to the remastered version at a fair volume through near-field studio monitors, sticking my head right into the "sweet spot"; from this it seems to me that, if there's any "intrusion" into this little segment, then it sounds as if there's a touch of slapback reverb on the "Sh" and it therefore seems intentional.

Followed your direction on this. I don't own top rate dedicated audio equipment, but I've tried it now through the KRKs in my simple studio set-up. I'm more convinced than ever, however unlikely that may seem, that it's an oversight, error, call it what you will. I suppose we'll never know for certain!

Matt2112

Quote from: Anna Woriboutchu on July 02, 2020, 15:18:30 pmFollowed your direction on this. I don't own top rate dedicated audio equipment, but I've tried it now through the KRKs in my simple studio set-up. I'm more convinced than ever, however unlikely that may seem, that it's an oversight, error, call it what you will. I suppose we'll never know for certain!
Indeed; I have M-Audio BX5 monitors, which are really good but roughly entry-level in the scheme of things. Funny how reactions are differing over what's essentially the same sound - all we know is that it's down to the ear of the beholder, I suppose. :)
The keys to happiness