Steven Wilson - The Future Bites

Started by pxr5, March 12, 2020, 15:07:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Yes I like this one, terribly frustrating for SW though. If he can't tour this until say second half of 2021 does he just skip it and move on to another new album? (Hope so!)
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Richard_2112

Quote from: Jonners on October 30, 2020, 11:35:35 amBest of a bad lot so far......

Real shame
This.

I don't know what's happened to SW over the last decade. His Porcupine Tree and Blackfield material, plus his first couple of solo albums were genuinely exciting pieces of music, but the more he's disappeared up his own arse the more boring, and even worse - derivative he's become.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nick

He enjoys his XTC/ABBA/Tears for fears/ Talk talk/ 80's electronica but with Porcupine Tree he could have been part of the heirs to Rush's stadium filling roadshow.

But you have to respect his integrity.

pxr5

pdw1

These Future Bites sessions (lockdown sessions to everyone else) are really good

King Ghost

Collapse The Light Into Earth

Drown With Me

and Significant Other so far
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Jonners

So he does still own a guitar then....
The new songs are an abomination

pdw1

Quote from: Jonners on November 22, 2020, 12:01:15 pmSo he does still own a guitar then....
nearly lost it off the sofa at the end of Significant Other  ;D
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

pxr5

And another - can't be many unreleased tracks left lol

Richard_2112

Quote from: pxr5 on November 24, 2020, 15:15:54 pmAnd another - can't be many unreleased tracks left lol

Ah now that's more like it! Nothing groundbreaking but the best of the lot from Future Bites
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nick

It's ok and quite pleasant, but doesn't stand up to his past creations. Just 5 tracks left unheard on what is a short album anyway at 42 mins. Bin it and move on Steven, lockdown sessions have been very enjoyable though.

Jonners

Sounds like a B-side from a previous release, an afterthought.

Move on. I have Solstafir for my prog/emotional/challenging fix from now on
The new songs are an abomination