EUCON 2020

Started by The Letter R, March 05, 2020, 09:01:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R

Thought I'd start a thread for this as dates and announcements seem to have come out earlier than previous years so we can all plan.

Weekend of 9-10th October at Langtry's in Crewe.
Tribute act Rushed have been chosen to headline on the Saturday and Friday night entertainment comes courtesy of Moving Pictures.
Saturday afternoon Exit Stage Left provide the music.

Two charities being supported are Jessie's fund and Brain Tumour Research.

Ticket details will be announced soon.

Time to get penciling the dates in the diary - I've not been for a couple of years and am keen to get to this one.
Not sure I have seen any of these Tribute Bands either and it's always good to check new ones out, as well as catching up with friends old and new over the weekend.

zoony

No Bravado head lining? They usually alternate with La Villa Strangiato. Got to say I'm disappointed to be honest.

Richard_2112

Quote from: zoony on March 06, 2020, 20:39:26 pmNo Bravado head lining? They usually alternate with La Villa Strangiato. Got to say I'm disappointed to be honest.
Gotta keep things fresh. Plus there's more than just 2 Rush tribute bands.

I'm going to try my best to get to this one as it'll probably be an extension of my stag do.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

Quote from: Richard_2112 on March 08, 2020, 00:04:39 amGotta keep things fresh. Plus there's more than just 2 Rush tribute bands.

I'm more of a tried and trusted man myself mate. I shall be going, as I usually do, as it's the social side and catching up with good friends that is the most important thing to me. No disrespect to Rushed, and I hope they prove me wrong, but I think the general consensus is that they're not in the same league as Bravado and La Villa strangiato.

Fuzzy

The website is completely live for EuCon, can't seem to post a link.....
Money, it's a gas

Fuzzy

And Roadcrew will be our guest speaker  ;D
Money, it's a gas

zoony

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 10, 2020, 11:08:54 amAnd Roadcrew will be our guest speaker  ;D
Brilliant, haven't seen him since 2007. Bought my weekend ticket this morning.

zoony

Quote from: Fuzzy on March 10, 2020, 10:48:17 amThe website is completely live for EuCon, can't seem to post a link.....
Yeh, I've had this problem mate. Asked for advice on here, but got nothing.

The Letter R

The Letter R

Link works and Early-Bird Tickets ordered. 8)

Fuzzy

Quote from: The Letter R on March 11, 2020, 18:48:44 pmLink works and Early-Bird Tickets ordered. 8)
Thanks mate, look forward to seeing you. Hopefully The Royal Hotel should be open for taking accommodation reservations in the next 24 hours.
Money, it's a gas

Bez

May 17, 2020, 14:26:07 pm #11 Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 14:29:08 pm by Bez
Is EUCON still planned to go ahead as things stand....?

I've got a re-scheduled Nick Mason gig in Oxford, on the Sunday evening, but could make an appearance for the first time in many a year if things line up....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on May 17, 2020, 14:26:07 pmIs EUCON still planned to go ahead as things stand....?

I've got a re-scheduled Nick Mason gig in Oxford, on the Sunday evening, but could make an appearance for the first time in many a year if things line up....
Hopefully so mate. I guess it depends on the progress of a vaccine? That being said, and I hope I'm wrong, it may just be the best bet to write off everything for the rest of this year.