RIP Terry Jones

Started by Richard_2112, January 22, 2020, 15:20:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_2112

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51209197

Really sad news of the passing of comedy genius Terry Jones
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Bisto

Quote from: Richard_2112 on January 22, 2020, 15:20:47 pmhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51209197

Really sad news of the passing of comedy genius Terry Jones
Sad news indeed, especially the manner in which he died. Another legend and minor hero gone,😞
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

He was a very naughty boy!!!!
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

zoony

I have to admit that I've never tried to get into any of the Monty Python stuff. Sad news all the same though.

rufus the dawg

January 24, 2020, 19:53:00 pm #4 Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 20:11:51 pm by rufus the dawg

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on January 24, 2020, 17:56:23 pmI have to admit that I've never tried to get into any of the Monty Python stuff. Sad news all the same though.
I was never in to the show but Life of Brian is a classic.

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on January 24, 2020, 21:29:54 pmI was never in to the show but Life of Brian is a classic.
How does it compare to The young ones and Little Britain then? Used to love both of those.

Richard_2112

Quote from: zoony on January 25, 2020, 13:30:15 pmHow does it compare to The young ones and Little Britain then? Used to love both of those.
Leaps and bounds better than both of them. Life of Brian is one of the greatest comedy films ever made.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on January 25, 2020, 13:30:15 pmHow does it compare to The young ones and Little Britain then? Used to love both of those.
They are of course of their time, some sketches have dated and some are are timeless. Watch the ones I have posted, MP is more clever than both Little Britain and the Young Ones which I also like. Bottom the sort of young ones spin off is a masterclass of comedy.

check out MP live at dury lane and spot the brain cell on you tube very funny in a very unpc way.

zoony

Quote from: Richard_2112 on January 25, 2020, 18:08:14 pmLeaps and bounds better than both of them. 
From the few snippets I've seen, I have to say I doubt I could agree with this.

Slim

It was the TV programmes that appealed to me mainly, not the films. Sometimes self-indulgent and not always that funny but at its best, absolutely brilliant.

I think my absolute Peak Python is the cheese shop sketch. But here's one from the underrated final series, after John Cleese had left (though he did appear in the subsequent films).

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5v0vog
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.