One NP song

Started by Nick, January 12, 2020, 13:10:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

What song would you choose as the song that best reflects NP's best work for you?

For me Subdivisions.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bisto

Too many but today it's;... 'Natural Science'
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

An instrumental for me....Overture, YYZ or LVS....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

For it was his lyrics that were so special so

Grand Designs
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

rufus the dawg

The weapon.

Lyrics and drumming. Brilliant
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

döm

So many, but off the top of my head  for today Middletown Dreams
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

zoony

Never really been a lyrics man to be honest, but as for his drumming, where do you start?! Cygnus X-1, Tom Sawyer and The Camera Eye are right up there for me though.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on January 12, 2020, 13:10:12 pmWhat song would you choose as the song that best reflects NP's best work for you?

For me Subdivisions.
Yes, it has to be this.  By a nose from Analog Kid.

But it's difficult to stop listing them once you've started. So I'll stop there.

Erm...Grand Designs is at the pinnacle also.  Definitely stopping there.
The keys to happiness

Gary L. Grape

One song that I keep going back to, just for Neil's drumming (well, not just for that, but I think you know what I mean), is By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: zoony on January 12, 2020, 19:58:01 pmNever really been a lyrics man to be honest, but as for his drumming, where do you start?! Cygnus X-1, Tom Sawyer and The Camera Eye are right up there for me though.
And not forgetting the sublime Natural Science.

The Letter R

Combination of lyrics and drumming then Headlong Flight is a tough one to beat.

Neillwith2Ls

Tough one, but I'd go with Subdivisions too. Instrumentally; YYZ or La Villa.
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Bez

I've just watched the R30 medley into tSoR

I stood in the middle of the lounge, like I was at a gig, with the lights down, curtains drawn in the sweet spot of the surround sound and bounced for 10 minutes...I hit my hand on the ceiling during tSoR as I raised my hands in triumph....

I'm changing my vote 8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

Quote from: Bez on January 13, 2020, 14:47:05 pmI've just watched the R30 medley into tSoR

I stood in the middle of the lounge, like I was at a gig, with the lights down, curtains drawn in the sweet spot of the surround sound and bounced for 10 minutes...I hit my hand on the ceiling during tSoR as I raised my hands in triumph....

I'm changing my vote 8)
The R30 medley was one of the coolest things they've done live IMHO. What a stellar start to a show!