The Gentlemen

Started by Reg, January 04, 2020, 19:01:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Treated myself to a double bill this afternoon at the Cineworld. Guy Ritchie's latest =, The Gentlemen, followed by Jumanji : The Next Level.

The Gentlemen is a sheer delight from start to finish, and Hugh Grant is getting better and better and clearly had ball as the private eye / reporter Fletcher in this.

A good supporting role for Eddie Marsan too as a newspaper head honcho. I liked him when I first saw him in Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell and he seems to be getting more prominent roles. Good for him say I.

Actually, I think everyone involved was having a blast here, and making the most of their parts, small and large.

I will not spoil anything for you, but this is well worth a watch. Highly entertaining, providing you can put up with a bit of bad language. Actually, a LOT of bad language.

Cracking stuff.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide