BRAVADO - The Robin2, Bilston, Sunday January 12 2020

Started by zoony, January 03, 2020, 22:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

The boys hit Bilston again for their usual first show of the year. I'll be in attendance again as usual, and with my daughter, Alicia again for the second time. Had a text from Chris Newman, (Red star) the other day to say that Bravado's guitarist, Neil has been unwell recently, and will miss the show as he's under doctors orders to rest. He is being replaced on the night by fellow RUSH tribute act Moving pictures guitarist, Steve Brown. Steve comes recommended from my Scottish mates, so although I'll miss Neil, I'm looking forward to the show.

zoony

I'm sure this will be a very poignant occasion tonight after the passing of Neil Peart.

zoony

Well it was certainly a show that will stay in the memory last night, and it was very moving. I knew it was going to be a good turnout when the car park was full when me and my daughter, Alicia arrived, something I'd never seen before. I would say that there must have been around 200 there, which was great as I can remember going to see them there in the early days, and there were about 40 of us. With Neil the guitarist absent due to doctors orders, Moving Pictures' Steve Brown stepped in, and did a grand job. Pod and Deano also played very well in what is always their first gig of a new year. I'm imagining the set list was a one off of greatest hits so to speak, with the highlights for me being Tom Sawyer, Xanadu and Natural Science. Pod paid a nice tribute to Neil Peart at the end when he read a section of lyrics from the song, Bravado, and also spoke of how the effect Neil's death had had on them, which was the same for us all in the audience. It was nice to see someone stood up the front with a shirt on with Neil Peart RIP on the back of it. It was good to see RedStar, Fred Barchetta and Zed there from TNMS, along with several faces I recognised from recent EUCONs. A thoroughly enjoyable, if sombre evening.

rufus the dawg

Thanks for posting zoony.

I'm going to be out late in to the evenings Mon tues and Wednesday this week. So decided 
to stay home.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on January 14, 2020, 10:57:41 amThanks for posting zoony.

I'm going to be out late in to the evenings Mon tues and Wednesday this week. So decided
to stay home.
They always do their first show of the year there mate, so maybe next year.