TV Programmes you HATE

Started by Nïckslïkk2112, December 20, 2019, 23:06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nïckslïkk2112

December 20, 2019, 23:06:51 pm Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 23:08:56 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Let's see, there's been an awful lot:

Worzel Gummidge
Catweazle
Anything with Bonnie Langford
EastEnders - fecking detestable stuff, all the characters are grotesques and it's just endless misery. Soul destroyingly bad.
Channel 4 News
Crystal Tipps and Alastair
Joe
Most all "Reality" TV
White Horses
Belle and Sebastian
EastEnders. Again. HATE it.
Little House on the Prairie
The Office - Ricky Gervais I HATE your face! You boil my piss!
Noel's House Party

I'll have to stop now, this is reopening some deep mental wounds and I don't know if I can go through therapy again...
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

zoony

December 21, 2019, 10:24:14 am #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:01:31 am by zoony
Anything with Simon Cowell in it. He thinks he's good, but he is a prick.

The Voice. These kind of shows mean nothing. If you've got real talent, you will make it.

Newsnight. Not like a conventional news programme.

Michael McIntyre. Hate, hate, hate, hate him.

The office. Only watched a couple of clips, but looks waaaay overrated to me.

This morning. Load of shit.

Mrs Browns boys. Hes got the kind of face you could punch all night.

Bisto

Quote from: zoony on December 21, 2019, 10:24:14 amMrs Browns boys. Hes got the kind of face you could punch all night.
As opposed to the kind of face that looks like it has been? 🤔
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

Quote from: Bisto on December 21, 2019, 13:14:32 pmAs opposed to the kind of face that looks like it has been? 🤔
Lol, very true mate.

pxr5

Loose Women - how can you have a TV show, that is nothing but gabbing, back-stabbing women? Imagine if men had a similar show lol
This Morning - see above + Eamon Holmes/Philp Schofield
ALL reality TV shows (made in chelsea etc, wives of.... etc.)
The Waltons
Anne of Green Gables (I was forced to watch it as a kid - detested it)
Songs of Praise - I managed to see a bit of this every week, unless it's on all the time.
Virtually ALL ITV shows.

Nick

The Muppets
Dancing shows
Comedy panel shows with the same old comedians but renamed to a new show name.
Local news
Charity shows
Cake shows
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Reg

December 22, 2019, 21:45:05 pm #6 Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 21:53:32 pm by Reg
Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2019, 20:29:29 pmLocal news
Ah. That reminded me of the (sadly probably not broadcast outside of Wales) comedy sketch show Barry Welsh Is Coming, with all main characters played by John Sparkes including the inept presenter Barry Welsh himself.

Featured weekly in this I think was local roving reporter "Hugh Pugh" (played of course by John Sparkes), who reported on bizarre stories in Fishguard.

Actually, I've just discovered a 2 hour compilation on youtube. Easier to watch than explain. Excellent stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raAUGgOM9Zk

I do have the 'best of' Barry Welsh on DVD, called Barry Welsh Is Coming - The Cream.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Barry-Welsh-Coming-Cream-DVD/dp/B00005R1JE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=barry+welsh+is+coming&qid=1577046933&s=dvd&sr=1-1
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Matt2112

December 23, 2019, 16:16:20 pm #7 Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 16:18:33 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: pxr5 on December 21, 2019, 19:30:09 pmLoose Women - how can you have a TV show, that is nothing but gabbing, back-stabbing women? Imagine if men had a similar show lol

Yes, most definitely yes.  The double standards on this programme are consistently infuriating.

Calling men they don't like "sexist", then slavering like school girls over  those they do; calling out body-shaming as wrong and sexist then literally the next item being patronising diet and beauty advice.

Misogyny and casual sexism is a great social evil on this programme, yet misandry gets a free pass.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Anything like Towie/Made In Chelsea/Real Housewives - utterly, utterly pointless with no narrative to speak of.

Any obsequious programme about the "Royals".

Yes, Songs I'd Praise, as above.  The only thing sadder and duller than being in a church (half) full of the blithely deluded going through their crazy rituals is watching it all on telly.
The keys to happiness

Reg

Of the things that I have been exposed to, I can say that I dislike "Take Me Out" intensely. 

This evening, I saw a trailer for something called "Celebrity Coach Trip" which actually made me shudder. Oh the horror.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide