RUSHfest Scotland 2020

Started by zoony, October 26, 2019, 17:28:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

zoony

I have decided that it's about time I visited Scotland, so I've bought my ticket last night for next years RUSHfest. The event is on the 13th of June, so I will be travelling up the day before, which is my 55th birthday.

zoony

Got a booking at the premier inn a couple of miles from where the event is last night

zoony

Quote from: zoony on November 20, 2019, 18:22:21 pmGot a booking at the premier inn a couple of miles from where the event is last night
Had to amend it now as the venue for RUSHFEST has now been moved to the Drygate brewery in Glasgow. I am now staying at the premier inn around half a mile from there.

zoony

Had an email the other day to say that the event has now sold out. Just trying to decide how to get there now. It's either the train from Telford, fly from Birmingham, or I may just opt for the 292 mile drive.

zoony

Decided to fly now from Birmingham. Got a good deal and will be arriving in Glasgow just after 10am on the friday, which is actually my 55th birthday, and my flight back is at 6-15pm on the sunday. Looking forward to my first visit to Scotland, and catching up with great friends.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on February 10, 2020, 13:51:19 pmDecided to fly now from Birmingham. Got a good deal and will be arriving in Glasgow just after 10am on the friday, which is actually my 55th birthday, and my flight back is at 6-15pm on the sunday. Looking forward to my first visit to Scotland, and catching up with great friends.
Had to rearrange now due to the Flybe collapse. Got flights with Easyjet now, and a better deal. Terry Brown and Hugh Syme now appearing at the event.

zoony

Starting to wonder whether this will go ahead now...

zoony

April 06, 2020, 13:29:38 pm #7 Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 17:06:17 pm by zoony
Quote from: zoony on March 17, 2020, 11:04:31 amStarting to wonder whether this will go ahead now...
Just had an email confirming that the event has been cancelled for this year, and will be held in May next year. I'm keeping my ticket and hopefully will be able to transfer or get vouchers for my flights and hotel booking.

Bez

Inevitable I suppose, mate....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: Bez on April 06, 2020, 13:42:19 pmInevitable I suppose, mate....
Yeh, just thankful I didn't have any holidays or anything else booked this year mate.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on April 06, 2020, 13:29:38 pmJust had an email confirming that the event has been cancelled for this year, and will be held in May next year. I'm keeping my ticket and hopefully will be able to transfer or get vouchers for my flights and hotel booking.
Got a full refund for my Premier inn booking, waiting to here back from Easyjet now.