Steven Wilson Tour - September 2020

Started by Bez, October 21, 2019, 15:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on December 22, 2020, 17:08:38 pmJust on the subject of Steven Wilson, I was watching a programme the other night called TOTP, the story of 1983. They spoke to ex Kajagoogoo bassist/singer, Nick Beggs quite a bit, and he decided to look up to see what he was up to these days. I was quite surprised to discover that he plays in Steven Wilson band. Is he any good then?
yes
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

dom

Quote from: pdw1 on December 22, 2020, 17:31:25 pmyes
+1 saw him performing with Steve Hackett a couple of years back and he was brilliant.  He's fantastic with Steve Wilson too.

Come to think of it even the bass playing on Too Shy is pretty decent!
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Nick

Quote from: zoony on December 22, 2020, 17:08:38 pmJust on the subject of Steven Wilson, I was watching a programme the other night called TOTP, the story of 1983. They spoke to ex Kajagoogoo bassist/singer, Nick Beggs quite a bit, and he decided to look up to see what he was up to these days. I was quite surprised to discover that he plays in Steven Wilson band. Is he any good then?
Top bass/stick player. Zoony you must listen to Hand Cannot Erase album by Steven Wilson, very Rush like and has some of the top players.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: zoony on December 22, 2020, 17:08:38 pmI was quite surprised to discover that he plays in Steven Wilson band. Is he any good then?
Talented guy is Beggsy. Sometimes plays bass and/or stick for Steve Hackett too. He was impressed by the amount of \m/ I threw his way last time I saw him.
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

captainkurtz

Brilliant player - and that was really evident back in Kaja days, as well.
Anger is a gift.

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on December 22, 2020, 22:23:00 pmBrilliant player - and that was really evident back in Kaja days, as well.
Indeed, although in those days he hid his light under a bushel. No idea why.... ;D

zoony

Thanks guys. Always remember going on the train to my first ever concert, RUSH at the NEC in May 1983, and we were having some friendly banter with a lot of Kajagoogoo fans, who were playing the Birmingham Odeon on the same night.