JOKER

Started by zoony, October 05, 2019, 21:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

I don't go to the pictures very often, but from what I've heard and read, this looks like a seriously good film. I think I will make the effort to go and see it.

captainkurtz

Just back.

Best film I've seen for YEARS. A cross between Taxi Driver and King of Comedy.

Very 1970's visually and very Scorcese-esque.  A slow burner but a stunning portrayal of a descent into madness.

If you're looking for Batman style action and special effects, this isn't the film for you.

Can't wait to see it again...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

Given the reaction everywhere I look, I might actually especially make some time to see this in the cinema before I'm able to go there to watch Star Wars Ep IX.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Richard_2112

I've got to be honest I found this very... meh.

It's a decent enough film, but it was too predictable. Also no need for the Wayne subplot.

I think what I found myself thinking is Arthur has too much of a jump to make from where the film ends to becoming The Joker we all know.

My mrs did make an interesting comment though that she sees him not as the actual Joker, but someone who inspires the Heath Ledger Joker as Arthur would be nearly 60 when he first confronts Batman.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

Can't believe we haven't had a review of this film from our resident Barry Norman yet? C'mon Reg, we're waiting 😉.