RWC 2019

Started by zoony, September 16, 2019, 15:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Fantastic performance against the Aussies...I've called down a bit now  ;D

Come on Ireland
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

Quote from: zoony on October 17, 2019, 15:13:24 pmDon't normally do this, but predictions for the quarter finals;
England by 10 - 15
New Zealand by 15 - 20
Wales by 10 - 15
South Africa by 10 - 15
Well it looks like I was a bit conservative on the first two games, even though our game felt closer than the scoreline suggests. Great performance all round from England though, and Curry and Itoje were immense. The only dampened on the day was then seeing just how good New Zealand performed. It's quite simple - if New Zealand play to their best, no one can beat them. Hopefully they're not quite at their best next week, and we are. Then we've got a real chance.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 19, 2019, 11:23:23 amCan Ireland beat NZ
Thankfully no!

The bogtrotters got whupped :)
Legend in my own Mind

Bez

Wales vs All Blacks in the final then....

Welsh very lucky that Les Bleus self-imploded (again)

zoony

Only consolation from today's first result is that one of them had to win. France were the better side, but as Bez said, they imploded. Those 5 way points they missed in front of the posts as well.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bez on October 20, 2019, 11:28:39 amWales vs All Blacks in the final then....

Welsh very lucky that Les Bleus self-imploded (again)
Wales were poor today, not sure they will beat SA.

I am hopeful of Englands next match.

döm

I'm convinced the second Welsh try came from a forward pass and still can't believe that it was awarded.

But when you select a player capable of such gross stupidity and indiscipline as Vahaamina you don't deserve to win.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: döm on October 20, 2019, 21:33:56 pmI'm convinced the second Welsh try came from a forward pass and still can't believe that it was awarded.

But when you select a player capable of such gross stupidity and indiscipline as Vahaamina you don't deserve to win.
Yes look forward to me also. benefit of doubt I guess. 

What was he thinking?......he was not thinking!What an idiot.

zoony

Japan had loads of pressure and possession in the first half, but no end product. The second half was totally different, and they got monstered by the power of South Africa. Credit to Japan though, they performed better than a lot of higher ranked teams.

Bez

Quote from: zoony on October 21, 2019, 00:09:30 amJapan had loads of pressure and possession in the first half, but no end product. The second half was totally different, and they got monstered by the power of South Africa. Credit to Japan though, they performed better than a lot of higher ranked teams.
Absolutely....

The only thing I'd add would be a comment around the quality of the Boks' defence...many a team would have crumbled under the pressure that Japan put on them...

Jonners

what time is KO on Saturday?

(thats kick off. not knocked out before any scotsmen try and be funny)
The new songs are an abomination

rufus the dawg

Jonners

The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Semi final predictions then?

New Zealand by 7 - 12
South Africa by 5 - 10

I'm really enjoying the tournament so far, and there is nothing I'd like better than to see England win it again, but for every good thing I've seen from them, the all blacks still just seem to be one step ahead. Worst case scenario for me is an England v Wales final, as we would just never hear the last of it if they beat us to win the world cup, so I'd rather not have that possibility.  So I'm desperately hoping that I'm wrong with one of my predictions,  and it's not the second one!

rufus the dawg

England 21 - 15 NZ
Wales 12 - 17 SA

England - South Africa Final