RWC 2019

Started by zoony, September 16, 2019, 15:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bez

Quote from: pdw1 on October 05, 2019, 13:22:32 pmDone and dusted :)

It was all over after the red card but England did the necessary.
Did just about enough, for me....far more serious challenges ahead...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

All blacks played some cracking still late on against Namibia, particularly the last try.

zoony

Some entertaining rugby yesterday. Disappointed to see England's and New Zealand's games called off this weekend due to weather conditions. I'd have thought a nation as efficient and organised as Japan would have moved the games elsewhere.

döm

Quote from: zoony on October 10, 2019, 11:24:01 amSome entertaining rugby yesterday. Disappointed to see England's and New Zealand's games called off this weekend due to weather conditions. I'd have thought a nation as efficient and organised as Japan would have moved the games elsewhere.
It probably suits both England and France not to have to play on Saturday.  Gives them more time to prepare for the q/fs  and no chance of injuries which are always likely in such an intense fixture..

It would be rotten on Scotland though if they miss out on qualifying due to their game being cancelled.  Shame too as it was looking to be a very exciting game with qualification hinging on the result.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on October 10, 2019, 11:24:01 amSome entertaining rugby yesterday. Disappointed to see England's and New Zealand's games called off this weekend due to weather conditions. I'd have thought a nation as efficient and organised as Japan would have moved the games elsewhere.
A massive logistical undertaking at short notice - not just the teams but what about people who have tickets - no 2 stadiums are going to be laid out the same so trying to organise new seats for everyone would be a nightmare in itself, not even taking into account those that could make it to the re-arranged venue ( extra transport needed?) and those that couldn't so which seats to re-sell. I guess you could refund and re-sell but again at short notice still a big ask. Considering the England game means nothing in terms of the competition calling it a draw is probably the most sensible outcome.

zoony

Quote from: döm on October 10, 2019, 11:57:09 amIt would be rotten on Scotland though if they miss out on qualifying due to their game being cancelled.  
Noooo, that wouldn't be a shame at all mate 😁.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on October 10, 2019, 14:47:50 pmNoooo, that wouldn't be a shame at all mate 😁.
I would like to see a cracking game of rugby.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 11, 2019, 21:54:44 pmI would like to see a cracking game of rugby.
Well, you wouldn't see one from the Sweaties!!!!!
Legend in my own Mind


rufus the dawg

October 12, 2019, 21:45:54 pm #38 Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:57:26 pm by rufus the dawg
Wanted Somoa to win. Dam and double dam and blast.

Nïckslïkk2112

ARIGATO NIPPON! DOMO ARIGATO!!!!!
Legend in my own Mind


rufus the dawg

Japan were marvellous. 

England v Australia and then maybe New Zealand. Crikey

zoony

Quote from: The Letter R on October 10, 2019, 14:23:59 pmA massive logistical undertaking at short notice - not just the teams but what about people who have tickets - no 2 stadiums are going to be laid out the same so trying to organise new seats for everyone would be a nightmare in itself, not even taking into account those that could make it to the re-arranged venue ( extra transport needed?) and those that couldn't so which seats to re-sell. I guess you could refund and re-sell but again at short notice still a big ask. Considering the England game means nothing in terms of the competition calling it a draw is probably the most sensible outcome.
Looks like a draw would have been a good outcome for Scotland mate 😉.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 13, 2019, 16:55:34 pmJapan were marvellous.

England v Australia and then maybe New Zealand. Crikey
Yes, it looks like England are going to have to beat all 3 of the southern hemisphere giants if we are to win it. A very tough ask.

zoony

Well it was good to see the Scotland v Japan game settled on the pitch yesterday, and Scotland can have no complaints about the result. I've been impressed by Japan, and they will give the Boks a good game. Down to the KO games from next weekend then, so this is when it really starts.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on October 14, 2019, 10:24:53 amYes, it looks like England are going to have to beat all 3 of the southern hemisphere giants if we are to win it. A very tough ask.
Tough yes, we have the team to do it,

First step Australia