RWC 2019

Started by zoony, September 16, 2019, 15:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 28, 2019, 10:31:46 amJapan giving Ireland a run for their money.
First half was brilliant rugby. 2nd Ireland couldn't cope with the Japanese running and the heat and humidity.

.Japan were brilliant but Schmidt spent far too long to start making changes in those sapping conditions.

Japan may well send Scotland out of the world cup
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Quite surprised at the Ireland result, they looked in control when I turned it off after 20 odd minutes (I'd been on nights). Perhaps they peaked too early around 12 months ago?

rufus the dawg

Wales beating Australia, great game to watch. Wales holding on at the end.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on September 28, 2019, 17:24:51 pmQuite surprised at the Ireland result, they looked in control when I turned it off after 20 odd minutes (I'd been on nights). Perhaps they peaked too early around 12 months ago?
Ireland looked tired and immobile compared to Japan, who just kept running and attacking.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 29, 2019, 20:15:09 pmWales beating Australia, great game to watch. Wales holding on at the end.
Great game apart from the result mate 😉. That's why I'm fearful of England playing them, as they seem to perform better in the bigger games.

rufus the dawg

Zoony you live in Shropshire, I hang out in Bishops castle all the time. And live a few miles in to Montgomeryshire. We are neighbours!

Wales v England
England v Australia

they are massive games.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 30, 2019, 15:40:53 pmZoony you live in Shropshire, I hang out in Bishops castle all the time. And live a few miles in to Montgomeryshire. We are neighbours!

That might be the case, but in my eyes, England and Wales are different countries, as are Scotland, and when it comes to sport, it makes us rivals.

Bez

Quote from: Jonners on September 27, 2019, 15:29:19 pmI think that the ball handling might be more difficult than we all imagine, sounds like its really hot and humid there

Glad Farrell is OK, could literally have had his head knocked off in that challenge. Very, very hard man
I only caught up with the highlights today....disappointed to see him jump up after looking like he was seriously injured....it's not football, mate
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

New Zealand looking on a different level so far.

pxr5

Ireland, despite their hefty win today, were pretty unconvincing against a team (Russia) who lost to a Jeresy club team. NZ were immense against Canada - I haven't seen any team anywhere near as good so far.

rufus the dawg

England tomorrow........Coffee and cinnamon swirl pastries are in.

Bez

Quote from: rufus the dawg on October 04, 2019, 22:40:06 pmEngland tomorrow........Coffee and cinnamon swirl pastries are in.
First big test for England tomorrow. A bonus point win would be great.

Beers in the fridge :D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pdw1

Quote from: Bez on October 05, 2019, 00:41:25 amFirst big test for England tomorrow. A bonus point win would be great.

Beers in the fridge :D
Done and dusted :)

It was all over after the red card but England did the necessary.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Bad timing for today's game, we had to go shopping, so I missed it. I'm at work tonight though, so will watch the highlights on my phone later. It sounds like we're doing enough, and a bit more, but will still need to raise it higher to be in with a real chance. Games are starting to get more exciting now as we approach KO qualification.

rufus the dawg

France beat Tonga, but were disappointing.