RWC 2019

Started by zoony, September 16, 2019, 15:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Not long now before this starts, and it has become one of my most watched sporting events. I have been impressed with England of late, but I still keep thinking back to the car crash we had in the last one, and the fact that the Welsh always seem to beat us when it really matters. New Zealand are favourites, but have shown they can be beaten in recent times, and you can never rule out South Africa and Australia. Looking forward to it.

Bez

Looking forward to it as well.....we have achance, but the stars need to align precisely for us to deliver....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

rufus the dawg

England looked great in the warm ups but do not play well under pressure. Wales and Scotland always get better. 

The Australians always seem to be there at the end. New Zealand have to be favorites though.

I live in Wales so they are my second team behind England. Rugby is a religion where I live in mid wales.

pxr5

I'm really looking forward to this too, but no matter how good England are they will come across a banana skin at some point - probably the Welsh again.

zoony

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 16, 2019, 23:01:50 pmScotland always get better
They've been no fecking good since 1990 mate!

zoony

Well England got the job done today, a bonus point win, but they will know that there were far too many errors that will need to be cut out as they go on. Enjoying what I've seen so far though, but I wonder how long it will be before we see the first red card for a high/no hands tackle, which they are keeping a particular eye on.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on September 22, 2019, 21:38:05 pmbut I wonder how long it will be before we see the first red card for a high/no hands tackle, which they are keeping a particular eye on.
Not long enough judging by the 2 yellow cards for Samoa players today. Both should have been reds.

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on September 24, 2019, 21:39:11 pmNot long enough judging by the 2 yellow cards for Samoa players today. Both should have been reds.

Let alone that Aussie.

Have to say the All Blacks looked ominously good in their match.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on September 24, 2019, 22:22:57 pmHave to say the All Blacks looked ominously good in their match.
Yep. They just don't make the amount of errors that every other team does.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on September 17, 2019, 16:53:23 pmThey've been no fecking good since 1990 mate!
Was thinking of the 2015 Australian game that Scotland should have won, which they played fantastic in.

Scotland were dreadful in their first game though

zoony

First shock in the group games just, Uruguay beating Fiji 30-27. Interestingly the HT score was 21-12 🙂.

zoony

Finally a red card, but it couldn't have been anything else really. Well England done the job again, but still a lot of handling errors that we could really do with cutting out. I think we're going to go close, but I'm doubting that we've got enough to win it if I'm honest. Hope I'm wrong though.

Jonners

I think that the ball handling might be more difficult than we all imagine, sounds like its really hot and humid there

Glad Farrell is OK, could literally have had his head knocked off in that challenge. Very, very hard man
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on September 27, 2019, 15:29:19 pmGlad Farrell is OK, could literally have had his head knocked off in that challenge. Very, very hard man
Yes mate, it's frightening just how tough they are.

rufus the dawg

Japan giving Ireland a run for their money.