FISH

Started by zoony, September 16, 2019, 15:19:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Since my heart attack, I have been eating a fair amount of fish. I have it for my main meal at least twice a week, and will also have a sandwich for lunch or at work with either tinned salmon, mackerel or pilchards. I tend to have my fish in one of those sealed cook bags they do in Sainsburys, and usually have dyed and undyed smoked haddock or hake, and also enjoy lightly fried sea bass and sea bream fillets. I was looking for recommendations for any other types of fish, and ways of cooking them? I quite fancy having a go at making a monkfish curry if I come across an easy to follow recipe.

Matt2112

I'm firmly in the "can't cook won't cook" category so it's not my place to recommend anything on that score as such; however, I have a mackerel salad for lunch three times a week and not only do I like that meal a lot, it helps to thin the blood, which all goes towards minimising the risk of my having another "accident" (of the cerebro-vascular variety)... :)
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

Fish pie is a lovely thing and you can make it with pastry instead of mash potatoes.

https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/fish-pie

Nick

Wrong time of year now but invest in a fish holder for the bbq, stick a fish in, place on bbq, turn a couple of times and it's done in about 5-7 mins, most meaty fish work well. Always tasty if cooked over lumpwood charcoal.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

pxr5

Nïckslïkk2112

Fresh Plaice in batter is best. It's spot on, lovely and creamy inside crisp golden batter.
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

I'm guessing Rob isn't fond of skates... 🤐😉😬
The keys to happiness

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 18, 2019, 22:55:27 pmI'm guessing Rob isn't fond of skates... 🤐😉😬
Too right mate!

zoony

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 17, 2019, 20:21:46 pmFresh Plaice in batter is best. It's spot on, lovely and creamy inside crisp golden batter.
I've got a couple of plaice fillets for my tea tonight with some mini jacket potatoes.

pxr5