IT Chapter 2

Started by Reg, September 08, 2019, 19:13:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

All in all, very good. 

The changes between current time (2016) and flashbacks to 1989 and the 'adventures' of the young "Losers" in particular was extremely well handled.

Now, no spoilers exactly, but the ending HAS been changed from the book and apparently, some fans are not happy. Well get over it. The book ending never really worked for me anyway (and neither did that of "The Stand" which I thought was a bit of a cop out).

To film the book ending as is, well I think that would be a bit too other-worldly / hard to follow for anyone that hasn't read the book. And from what I've read, IT has been the most successful horror film EVER, although I'm not sure if that is true. If it is true, then I imagine there are quite a few punters that haven't read the book - and I think the filmed ending works better.

Nice to see Stephen King get a part in his own film (as the shopkeeper who sells Bill's bicycle back to him).

Also, from what I've been reading (since seeing the film), there is a 6 and a half hour "mega-cut" of the 2 films combined planned for DVD/Bluray release. 

Bring it on, say I.

Oh yes - the chap that plays Richie the elder is ace. I agree with the critics on this one (once again, after watching the film).
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

zoony

My 14 year old daughter and 2 of her friends, one 14 and the other 15 went to see this last night, but were refused entry as they had no ID. I remember the days when Bridgnorth Majestic was struggling that much, they would have let a 10 year old into an X film!

Reg

Hi Rob. I did notice at the Cineworld yesterday that they were being strict about this one. It carries a 15 certificate and there was a notice saying that ID would be required.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

zoony

Quote from: Reg on September 08, 2019, 21:37:38 pmHi Rob. I did notice at the Cineworld yesterday that they were being strict about this one. It carries a 15 certificate and there was a notice saying that ID would be required.
Cheers Reg, hope you're well. Not just our local that was being strict then mate.

pxr5

I've yet to see either of these IT Parts. I'm wondering how they compare to the 1990 version and how true is it to the book. I read the book before watching the 1990 version and was left disappointed with the overall feel, though the first part was better than the second.

Many of Stephen King movie/TV adaptations have been very poor, some OK, a few very good. Did anyone watch that awful TV series Under the Dome? I watched the first season and gave up, it was appalling and apparently got worse.