Question Time #6

Started by Matt2112, September 05, 2019, 23:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bisto

Quote from: döm on January 27, 2020, 18:31:39 pmFox's views certainly required a strong rebuttal
Not sure what you're specifically referring to here döm? I've only seen the response to the "white privilege" quip, was it that or something else?
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

DavidL

Quote from: Bisto on February 07, 2020, 05:05:58 amNot sure what you're specifically referring to here döm? I've only seen the response to the "white privilege" quip, was it that or something else?
Fox asserted that the UK was one of the nicest, most tolerant countries in the world. I think döm disagrees strongly with that view. 
döm?

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on February 07, 2020, 00:33:20 amIts not as if there's a big choice...."Hobson, get your boots, you're starting..."
Quite - second favourite is self-described "non-binary" Layla Moran. She'd be worse for the party than "So..." Jo Swinson.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: DavidL on February 07, 2020, 09:17:23 amFox asserted that the UK was one of the nicest, most tolerant countries in the world. I think döm disagrees strongly with that view.
döm?
I've not done much research into the matter but I'm sure the UK would be pretty high up that table, doubt its no 1 though, could be, maybe you could enlighten me. 
No what bothered me about his comments is that he claimed that a man born into his circumstances is not at an advantage in life compared to others born in less fortunate situation
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

DavidL

Quote from: döm on February 07, 2020, 10:15:05 amI've not done much research into the matter but I'm sure the UK would be pretty high up that table, doubt its no 1 though, could be, maybe you could enlighten me. 
No what bothered me about his comments is that he claimed that a man born into his circumstances is not at an advantage in life compared to others born in less fortunate situation
He didn't say anything about not being at an advantage. What he quite rightly said was that she was being racist by using the term 'white' whilst indulging in discrimination herself.

Matt2112

Fell asleep after literally five minutes last night. Probably didn't miss anything.
The keys to happiness

Bisto

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 13, 2020, 13:00:31 pmFell asleep after literally five minutes last night. Probably didn't miss anything.
Took me longer but no, you didn't.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

You missed the former chief medical officer...he was worth the price of admission alone...

An angry man with strong views on the government's handling of Covid-19
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Catching up on yesterday's QT

Robert Jenrick seems hopelessly out of his depth and keep reverting to party political politics....

Even Thornberry is looking assured and rational in comparrison. :-\

Bez

Editor of The Lancet (Richard Horton) dishing out a bit of a kicking...

Matt2112

I thought it wasn't on?  I even checked the TV Guide thingy...ah well.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 27, 2020, 17:29:40 pmI thought it wasn't on?  I even checked the TV Guide thingy...ah well.
It has been moved to "prime time" 20:00 (a little later last night so we could all watch Boris clap the NHS....)

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on March 28, 2020, 00:43:53 amIt has been moved to "prime time" 20:00 (a little later last night so we could all watch Boris clap the NHS....)
Ah, thanks Bez. :)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Back to its usual time nowadays.

Got bored of it tonight, started browsing online instead.

In fairness, for the last couple of weeks my weekday mornings have been spent listening to Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien, and my afternoons listening to Ian Collins and Dan Wootton, so by the time QT is broadcast the topics it covers have been done to death already.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on May 15, 2020, 01:01:48 amBack to its usual time nowadays.

Got bored of it tonight, started browsing online instead.

In fairness, for the last couple of weeks my weekday mornings have been spent listening to Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien, and my afternoons listening to Ian Collins and Dan Wootton, so by the time QT is broadcast the topics it covers have been done to death already.
Gave up on the rpime time version a few weeks back. There's little point if everyone is "playing nicely"

Haven't bothered since it has been back in the regular slot.