Question Time #6

Started by Matt2112, September 05, 2019, 23:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

I thought the most interesting bit was when someone challenged the CONservative guy re. brexit and said "you are allowed to change your mind but you are not giving us a chance to change our minds"

Matt2112

Ash Sarkar vs Camilla Tominey tonight - might liven things up.

Ed Davey is on for dem Libs, and two other no-marks from the other two parties. Pfft.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

September 20, 2019, 08:51:36 am #17 Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 15:46:13 pm by Matt2112
Usual interminable yawnfest - fell asleep about half way through.

Ash Sarkar, though - what an utter knob.  More interested in trying to bait her opponents than having a conversation. The first QT panellist in history to be annoying before the debate had even started when, on being introduced, grinning goofily and giving a "shaka" sign.  Oh, grow up!
The keys to happiness

Bez

also fell asleep watching last night....caught up this AM.

The final question was far and away the best thing that's been on for many an episode. the bravery of the bloke who asked the question brought a tear to the eye...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on September 20, 2019, 11:06:16 amalso fell asleep watching last night....caught up this AM.

The final question was far and away the best thing that's been on for many an episode. the bravery of the bloke who asked the question brought a tear to the eye...

I'll have a watch of that on iplayer.
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Miller vs. Reckless vs. Cleverly vs. some Labour guy vs. some Welsh guy.

I confidently predict the convincing winner out of those will be "vs".
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 26, 2019, 20:18:39 pmI confidently predict the convincing winner out of those will be "vs".
More likely the Zs
Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Melanie Phillips is on tonight, presumably in an attempt to make what's become an extremely soporific programme of late a bit more engaging.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Apart from Chucka "Which party am I in today?" Umuna, I didn't really know any of last night's panellists.

I desperately wanted the woman from the Times (or Telegraph) to think about where her sentences were going before she started them. Who does her ghost writing, because they obviously cover a fundamental grasp of the English language.

Tory boy was unable to answer the accusations around the fake Factchecker twitter account and was hopelessly out of his depth when it comes to flammable cladding on buildings - which is strange (and terrifying in equal measure) for the housing minster.

The Labour bloke regurgitated the party line pretty faithfully and strayed into dangerous territory when he brought up WMD in Iraq before the war. Full marks for calling it out. Shame he couldn't say anything in response to the accusations that the Labour manifesto was leading us forward to the 70s

Umuna was measured and generally came across well. His biggest problem is the fact that he's changed party more times than his socks recently...

SNP woman came across best of the lot. No harping on about a second referendum for Scotland and made some valid points in most of the questions.

Highlight was the bloke who was going to pay more tax (if Labour get in) because he earns more than £80,000 a year and thought he wasn't in the top 5% of earners in the country. What a dick.

Matt2112

November 22, 2019, 19:27:56 pm #25 Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 19:31:06 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Bez on November 22, 2019, 15:43:30 pmHighlight was the bloke who was going to pay more tax (if Labour get in) because he earns more than £80,000 a year and thought he wasn't in the top 5% of earners in the country. What a dick.

Yes, and for a guy in that bracket he didn't look particularly well presented. Just saying. :-\
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on November 22, 2019, 19:27:56 pmYes, and for a guy in that bracket he didn't look particularly well presented. Just saying. :-\
Looked like a builder who doesn't pay any tax (or NI)....just sayin'

Let's hope HMRC were watching...

Matt2112

November 24, 2019, 20:08:00 pm #27 Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 20:10:15 pm by Matt2112
Quote from: Bez on November 24, 2019, 19:35:27 pmLooked like a builder who doesn't pay any tax (or NI)....just sayin'

Let's hope HMRC were watching...
Or perhaps a trucker working about 90 hours a week. :)

It turns out that (I'm taking this at face value admittedly) the claim that an annual salary of 80k being in the top 5% is indeed a tad inaccurate - it's apparently in the top 3%...  ::)
The keys to happiness