Altered Carbon

Started by Reg, January 26, 2018, 22:35:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

February 28, 2020, 15:22:22 pm #15 Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 21:11:39 pm by pxr5
4 episodes in (out of 8 ). It's good so far, but doesn't seem to have the same impact as the first season.

pxr5

I've finished the second series now. It's a shame as this is not as good as the first, it all seems a bit bland. If there is a third series I hope that the makers revert to what was done in the first. Ho hum.

Reg

I will be catching up with this in the not-too distant future. I'm having a break from Netflix at the moment, but when we have finished watching through Lucifer 1 to 3 again, we will start up Netflix again to see season 4 of that amongst other things, and I can re-watch Altered Carbon series 1 before kicking off series 2.

The 2nd book was a very different (and depressing) beast compared to the first. The 3rd book was much more 'lively' if you will.

Altered Carbon (series 1) was right up my street though, and surpassed my expectations completely (I loved the book).
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Jonners

finished Series 2.

Much preferred 1, but still very watchable. Just felt a bit like they were making it up as they went along
The new songs are an abomination

Reg

I'm back on Netflix now, but I think I will watch series 1 again first.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Hmm.. 3 episodes in and I agree it doesn't have the impact that season 1 did.

Having said that, I thought episode 3 was a significant improvement, and I really enjoyed it. The whole "circle" thing was great to watch.

The best thing though BY FAR in season 2, is Chris Conner as the AI Poe. I just find him/the character utterly compelling to watch.

There are some good new additions to the cast to freshen it up a bit too.

Certainly worth carrying on with.

Reg

4 episodes in (half way I guess?)

They have lifted quite a few plot themes / elements from the 3rd book for this series 2, and introduced some new ones of their own - for that, I applaud the writers. As mentioned before, I like that they are keeping, and developing, Poe as a central character, he is so good to watch.

New guy "Carrera" is one guy I definitely wouldn't want to mess with.  A real piece of work.