Well it's not my fault 
Yes it is your fault because I said so

Bez

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 05, 2019, 23:36:26 pmIt's your fault
No it's your fault
No no it most deffinitly your fault .
Well it's not my fault
Yes it is your fault because I said so
It was a tough watch last night and no one came out of it with ANY credit whatsoever...including Fiona Bruce.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on September 06, 2019, 08:30:13 amIt was a tough watch last night and no one came out of it with ANY credit whatsoever...including Fiona Bruce.
Iain Dale perhaps emerged from this with some dignity intact but, yes: bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff for an interminable, exasperating, depressing hour.

A special mention for Thornberry who was exposed as the absolute charlatan she is and who shouldn't be anywhere near politics.  With every appearance on QT she looks exponentially more unhinged; who votes for such inept, insufferable harridans?

The SNP guy almost as bad, he wouldn't shut up or allow others to speak either.

Fiona Bruce needs to be much more judicious how and when to interject.  You know like some football referees who seem to insist on being the centre of attention and won't let the game flow?  She was like that - really annoying.

The final insult is that we're actually paying for all this!

What a sh!tshow all round.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Quote from: Matt2112 on September 06, 2019, 09:09:04 amIain Dale perhaps emerged from this with some dignity intact but, yes: bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff for an interminable, exasperating, depressing hour.

A special mention for Thornberry who was exposed as the absolute charlatan she is and who shouldn't be anywhere near politics.  With every appearance on QT she looks exponentially more unhinged; who votes for such inept, insufferable harridans?

The SNP guy almost as bad, he wouldn't shut up or allow others to speak either.

Fiona Bruce needs to be much more judicious how and when to interject.  You know like some football referees who seem to insist on being the centre of attention and won't let the game flow?  She was like that - really annoying.

The final insult is that we're actually paying for all this!

What a sh!tshow all round.
To continue the football analogy; Bruce lost control of the game. She should have issued a few early yellows....

I was most disappointed with the Lib Dem. They are in probably their best position for many years to make a real impact on the political scene, but their politicians are, generally speaking, lightweight and uninspiring.

döm

Personally speaking Ian Dale was the worst of a bad bunch.  What an obnoxious man
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on September 06, 2019, 10:10:39 amPersonally speaking Ian Dale was the worst of a bad bunch.  What an obnoxious man
I was waiting for that as I scrolled down!

zoony

döm

Quote from: DavidL on September 06, 2019, 12:04:24 pmI was waiting for that as I scrolled down!
Despite his objectionable politics, he was condescending and dismissive
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

rufus the dawg

The problem with format is that people/mps/audience want to have/give simplistic answers to often very complex issues and it turns in to populist slogan rant. And they Lie

And when people try to give a complex nuanced answer they are cut off at the end or not allowed to finish the answer or someone talks over the most important part of the answer.

I listened to it on the radio and mens voices seem to work better than women voices in this format. Kwasi kwarteng voice is really excellent for radio and cut across everyone. But because he kept interjecting he sounded foolish.

I thought Iain Dale came across the best though.

DavidL

I just caught the last fifteen minutes (perhaps thankfully!). The thing with Ian Dale is he doesn't get over-excited and remains calm. I also thought he did a good job of putting Ian Blackford in his box when he was constantly interrupting him.
Layla Moran admitted that she does not believe in democracy and Thornberry is as annoying as Abbott and Soubry.
It's just turned into a slanging match - a bit like the House of Commons.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 06, 2019, 18:00:38 pmThe problem with format is that people/mps/audience want to have/give simplistic answers to often very complex issues and it turns in to populist slogan rant. And they Lie

Well, lying is par for the course for politicians and most of them are incapable of giving anything more than a simplistic answer or a slogan. Of course most of the general public are incapable of understanding anything more than a simple answer - I blame BLiar and his education, edyoucaytion, eddyoukayshun - which is why most people who voted Brexit did so for the wrong reasons - as did those who voted remain :)

I gave up on Question Time a couple of years ago. Why bother when you can easily find programmes on mass murderers.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

Bez

Back to "dull" last night....a "vanilla" audience and poor panel.

Matt2112

Quote from: Bez on September 13, 2019, 16:26:38 pmBack to "dull" last night....a "vanilla" audience and poor panel.

100% agree.  It dismally failed my "P!ss about on my phone instead" threshold.
The keys to happiness