Dragon's Den

Started by Bez, August 27, 2019, 15:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

I'm a recent convert to DD having watched the last series and now started with the new series on the BBC.

Overall I'm enjoying the new "dragon" she's added a bit of "agro" to the exchanges and already seems to have ruffled a few feathers

Some of the entrepreneurs are complete dicks though - under-prepared and amateurish. I guess that's what makes it watchable in a "car crash" kind of way...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

zoony

I've really been into it for about the last 4 series now, and enjoy it. Only watched the first episode with the new dragon, and was really impressed with her.

Reg

Having watched this on and off for many years, I thought it a bit strange that they didn't quiz the bicycle chain fixer chap about 2 things that they normally pounce on with inventions:

Does he have a patent for the gizmo - what was to stop someone else coming out with a cheaper copy?
Speaking of cheap - what is the cost per unit, where are they made etc., and how much do they retail for? As in what is the mark-up?

Strange that none of this was raised - or if it was, that it wasn't aired.

Hmm....
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide