30,000!

Started by Slim, August 15, 2019, 20:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Just noticed that I passed the psychologically important 30,000 post milestone, probably some time last night.

I well remember the 10,000 post milestone. Took me about 2 years or something. Then I promptly retired, because I felt like T-N-M-S was soaking up too much of my time, and because - let's face it - I'm a bit of a drama queen, and I wanted to see how upset people would be when I left.

But as you know, I came back. But I cannot for the life of me remember a 20,000th post.

But what a long, strange 16-ish years it's been, eh?

Love you all! Hugs all round!

Nick

Congrats, is there some award we should bestow?
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

Matt2112

Congratulations James and keep posting. 

I mean that sincerely; it feels like there aren't many TNMSers left...!  :D
The keys to happiness

The Letter R

Congrats mate - I'm still a way off 10,000 
Buy yourself a pint to celebrate!!

zoony

Welcome to our exclusive club mate, just the 8 of us. If I'd have stayed as active on here as I used to be, I'd have probably took over The fishy by now as top poster as it's been over 2 years now since his last post. He's still 900 odd in front.

Bez

I remember the days when everyone marked a milestone on here....these days it's a case of popping in once or twice a week to check for anything interesting....congrats on the 30k...here's to 40  8)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Slim

Would be interesting to see the distribution of posts per year.. for quite a few years I was probably posting a dozen times a year if that. In the first couple of years I was probably posting about 25 times a day.

I admit that I did race Mark W to the first 1000 post mark. I'm sure I was the first to hit 10,000. But I wouldn't have been the first 20,000 poster.

zoony

Quote from: Slim on August 18, 2019, 10:22:06 amWould be interesting to see the distribution of posts per year.. for quite a few years I was probably posting a dozen times a year if that. In the first couple of years I was probably posting about 25 times a day.

I admit that I did race Mark W to the first 1000 post mark. I'm sure I was the first to hit 10,000. But I wouldn't have been the first 20,000 poster.
It's a shame we don't get as much activity on here as we used to, particularly at times when the band were touring over here, but that's how things go. This site has meant such a lot to me in many ways with the amount of great people I've met through it, and the adventures that I've been on because of it. It was great to win the prizes for being the person who had the 10 millionth hit on here as well 🙂. Incidentally, how do you see how many hits have been on here now then?

Nick

Quote from: zoony on August 19, 2019, 00:01:39 amIt's a shame we don't get as much activity on here as we used to, particularly at times when the band were touring over here, but that's how things go. This site has meant such a lot to me in many ways with the amount of great people I've met through it, and the adventures that I've been on because of it. It was great to win the prizes for being the person who had the 10 millionth hit on here as well 🙂. Incidentally, how do you see how many hits have been on here now then?
Yes I notice General Chat Finnish hasn't had a post for about 3 years.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2019, 19:44:54 pmYes I notice General Chat Finnish hasn't had a post for about 3 years.

There's an open goal there...   :P ;)
The keys to happiness

Slim

One of the nicest things for me about this site was getting a nice, if relatively brief long-distance relationship out of it that involved two trips to Helsinki. I'd love to know how Sari's doing these days, but I haven't spoken to her since we Finnished.

I think Matt had something similar in mind, but I managed to put a personal spin on it.

zoony

Quote from: Matt2112 on August 19, 2019, 20:47:03 pmThere's an open goal there...  :P ;)
Go on mate, you know you're dying to 😉.

Tom Garrett

Congrats on 30K, (I had to post something to see my own post count. )
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2019, 19:44:54 pmYes I notice General Chat Finnish hasn't had a post for about 3 years.
Yet there's this Finnish guy lurking on the forum on an almost daily basis... ;)