Donny Trump

Started by Pricey, August 07, 2019, 13:50:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

Quote from: Bez on September 10, 2019, 15:44:41 pmDepends on what he's claimed before....I think as part of his lection campaign he claimed to be a religious zealot (not in those words of course :) )
He relies very heavily on the bible belt for support too
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Slim

I don't know what to think about this. Is this tongue-in-cheek? It really does read like a parody account. Is he actually going off the rails?

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Matt2112

I'll give him this, he's got Poe's Law completely mastered.  Probably inadvertently, but still.
The keys to happiness

The Letter R

Someone needs to unplug his Twitter account that's for sure.

döm

Quote from: The Letter R on October 08, 2019, 09:42:55 amSomeone needs to unplug his Twitter account that's for sure.
Be great if he could be unplugged, and not in an MTV  kind of way.
When the truth offends we lie and lie until we can longer remember it is even there. But it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is repaid

Pricey

he is really heading further and further into parody territory .
I'll try and behave . Promise

rufus the dawg

Quote from: döm on October 08, 2019, 11:15:14 amBe great if he could be unplugged, and not in an MTV  kind of way.
This could be fun, they would be the best band in the world.

DT Vocals 
Pence -acoustic guitar 
Pompeo - Bass 
Sebastian Gorka - Drums 

Steve Bannon - Bad Vibes and alternative Facts
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Slim

Just listened to Trump's remarks about wind turbines, broadcast in a review of the year on 5 Live. Amazing. 

The only online version I could find is on the Grauniad's channel unfortunately but I don't think they've doctored it.

döm

Exactly what you'd expect from The Guardian. It is,after all, the most trusted UK media outlet both in print and digital formats.

If you're after a bit of doctoring you need to go elsewhere. Tory HQ for example.

Exactly what you'd expect from Trump too. How does he continue to get away with such inane ramblings.

Matt2112

Quote from: döm on December 27, 2019, 12:05:52 pmExactly what you'd expect from The Guardian. It is,after all, the most trusted UK media outlet both in print and digital formats.

Most trusted indeed - to get the zeitgeist bang wrong almost all of the time.
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 27, 2019, 13:12:09 pmMost trusted indeed - to get the zeitgeist bang wrong almost all of the time.
Sadly I agree. The Guardian is a rare exception when it comes to the Zeitgeist of fake news and reporting without fact checking.

DavidL

December 27, 2019, 20:00:41 pm #71 Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 20:02:13 pm by DavidL
I think he's a 'two-termer' . That would be bloody hilarious! 😁

döm

Quote from: DavidL on December 27, 2019, 20:00:41 pmI think he's a 'two-termer' . That would be bloody hilarious! 😁
He doesn't want to stop there! He keeps talking about 2024!

Slim

Quote from: döm on December 27, 2019, 12:05:52 pmExactly what you'd expect from The Guardian. It is,after all, the most trusted UK media outlet both in print and digital formats.
By Guardian readers? It might be the most trusted in some quarters, but it's a long, long way from being the most honest. So in the end the accolade you describe is only a measure of how easily people are taken in, or perhaps just like to read the news they want to read, then pretend it's true.

As for Trump, though - if that entire speech had been done verbatim by Alec Baldwin on Saturday Night Live it would have worked perfectly. The man is literally a parody of himself.

döm

Quote from: Slim on December 28, 2019, 18:39:13 pmBy Guardian readers? It might be the most trusted in some quarters, but it's a long, long way from being the most honest. So in the end the accolade you describe is only a measure of how easily people are taken in, or perhaps just like to read the news they want to read, then pretend it's true.

As for Trump, though - if that entire speech had been done verbatim by Alec Baldwin on Saturday Night Live it would have worked perfectly. The man is literally a parody of himself.
Its one thing to disagree with and positively dislike the opinion pieces and editorials contained within the Guardian but the news content itself is pretty damned good and in no way can be accused of dishonesty