General Football Chat #3

Started by Dixkot, September 16, 2012, 18:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

döm

Delighted to see 4 Arsenal players on that side including the under-rated Koscielny so I'm not going to argue with it  :)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Bez

Quote from: Red Star on June 17, 2015, 11:20:40 am
That's right Matt, and to add to that he scored some vital goals too. He is consistently good but I think last season was his best ever.


Just think how good he could have been if he could run....

ANd he's a racist scumbag.....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Matt2112

July 03, 2015, 11:52:02 am #722 Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 13:56:17 pm by Matt2112
Conference National fixtures released today (1.00pm).

Watch us yet again start with an away fixture somewhere deep in the south of England - I'm convinced it will be Bromley.  It seems like it's been about 5 seasons since we started at home, or even anywhere near it for that matter.  ::)
The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 03, 2015, 11:52:02 am
Conference National fixtures released today (1.00pm).

Watch us yet again start with an away fixture somewhere deep in the south of England - I'm convinced it will be Bromley.  It seems like it's been about 5 seasons since we started at home, or even anywhere near it for that matter.  ::)


Away to Borehamwood.  ::) What did I yell yer? WHAT did I tell yer!!?

Erm...already booked a Megabus Plus to get down from Bradford to St Pancras for the sum of £5.50. ;D  St. Pancras direct to Elstree & Borehamwood is £6.90...  :-\
The keys to happiness

Red Star

We are now into week 3 of the EPL and still no Man Utd 15/16 thread on here ::) Should we give Mickpaz a nudge? :-\
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Red Star

Quote from: Red Star on August 21, 2015, 11:19:01 am
We are now into week 3 of the EPL and still no Man Utd 15/16 thread on here ::) Should we give Mickpaz a nudge? :-\


Still no Man Utd thread so I guess I'll have to laugh about the De Gea debacle here! ;D
You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

zoony

Quote from: Red Star on September 01, 2015, 11:49:07 am
Still no Man Utd thread so I guess I'll have to laugh about the De Gea debacle here! ;D


Something not quite right about that mate.

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

Chris Quartly

I went to an MLS game last night, NYCFC vs Toronto.

The general quality is about that of league one, with each team having a couple of players who are obviously better (Lampard, Pirlo, Bradley, Giovinco), Lampard didn't have a great game but did score, and Pirlo assisted the second goal in a 2-0 win. I'd go again, though the pitch isn't great as they play at the Yankees baseball stadium.

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Nïckslïkk2112

Danny Wilson to be next Crystal Palace manager.
On Monday I went down to London on the train. Danny Wilson was on it.
On Tuesday I came back from London on the train. Danny Wilson was on it.
In between these events Big Sam leaves Palace.

Coincidence? I think so...
Legend in my own Mind


Slim

Bit of a thread resurrection this, this once popular thread has only had one post in the last four years, and that was more than two years ago!

But as readers will have heard by now, Wayne Rooney is coming to Derby as a player-coach in January. I wonder how often he'll play?

zoony

Quote from: Slim on August 06, 2019, 16:39:25 pmBit of a thread resurrection this, this once popular thread has only had one post in the last four years, and that was more than two years ago!

But as readers will have heard by now, Wayne Rooney is coming to Derby as a player-coach in January. I wonder how often he'll play?
Too many posting in the cycling thread mate 😉. Not sure how much he'll play, and it sounds like his missus has had a big say in him coming back here. I've never been a Rooney fan. Yes, I respect his statistics, you can't argue with them, but when you're talking about the all time great players, I doubt he'd feature in many peoples top 30.

Matt2112

September 18, 2019, 22:49:08 pm #732 Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 22:52:19 pm by Matt2112
Just read back through the whole thread.  What an entertaining and refreshingly civil discussion... ;)

A couple of prescient nuggets standing out from a few years ago: Rob opining that the Premiership should employ technology to catch cheating :) and Norwegian predicting a bright future for the managerial career of a certain Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. :D

Oh, and nice to see all those teams being promoted from the Conference over the last five years while we still languish there. 😩😉

Plus, our first game of the season being a long-haul trip down south hasn't changed either (Ebbsfleet this year)... 🙄
The keys to happiness