Bloodstock 2019

Started by Richard_2112, August 01, 2019, 19:08:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_2112

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

pdw1

Unfortunately not but I hope you play a blinder
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Jonners

nope.

Fun as a festival, but the standard of bookings is really deteriorating.

Not a single band on this years bill that I would pay to see live if they were touring as a headline act.

From a festival that was quite edhy and gave bands, especially in extreme/death/black/doom metal a chance, to roll out the likes of Dee Snider, Scorpions, Queensryche etc is pretty poor.

And there is no way on earth tha Parkway Drive should be headlining a festival. There is more to life than Fireworks and breakdowns
The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

Quote from: Richard_2112 on August 01, 2019, 19:08:51 pmAnyone going this year?

Not my thing - but keen to hear of your experience Richard, looks like you and the band had an absolute blast. :)
The keys to happiness

Analog RH

I played Bloodstock this year. Well, for one minute and 10 seconds anyway. Got up to play drums with BongCauldron on the Sophie Lancaster stage. In front of a couple of thousand people.  ;D

Whilst the main stage was a bit pants this year there was some killer stuff on the Sophie, New Blood and Jager stages. Beggar, Ten Ton Slug, Widows, Saurr, Barbarian Hermit, Footprints In The Custard, Raging Speedhorn. All killed it.

Matt2112

Quote from: Analog RH on August 15, 2019, 15:16:42 pmI played Bloodstock this year. Well, for one minute and 10 seconds anyway. Got up to play drums with BongCauldron on the Sophie Lancaster stage. In front of a couple of thousand people.  ;D

Whilst the main stage was a bit pants this year there was some killer stuff on the Sophie, New Blood and Jager stages. Beggar, Ten Ton Slug, Widows, Saurr, Barbarian Hermit, Footprints In The Custard, Raging Speedhorn. All killed it.

Ah yes, I have seen the footage; you properly milked it and rightly so. :D

Oh, and talk us through that "walk" off stage afterward.  ;) ;D
The keys to happiness

Jonners

Watched it as well, made me really smile!

Yes, the "walk" off. Had you broken your back while drumming, you did look a little restricted.....

(And I love Ten Ton Slub, saw them about 3 years ago in the New Blood tent, brilliant band and really liked the front man)
The new songs are an abomination

Richard_2112

I had a feeling you'd be there ARH. Shame our paths didn't cross.

It was a bit of a weird experience being at Bloodstock. It was my first time at this festival and it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It's a more extreme music but the atmosphere was so chilled out. None of the arseholes that you would come across at Download. I'm not particularly into the more extreme end of the metal spectrum so I wasn't too bothered by the more diverse line up this year. In fact the highlight acts of the week for me were Dee Snider and Queensryche.

A part of me was very glad we didn't win the Metal to the Masses competition because I found the New Blood stage to be really boring with no variety of the acts. The J├Ągermeister stage, although small, was quite the highlight (and I'm not saying that cause my band played that stage) as all manner of different rock/metal sub genres.

I found the selection of both food and drink to be the best I've had at a festival. None of the big standard brands on offer, and for what you got was well worth the money.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.