We need to talk about Boris

Started by Matt2112, July 27, 2019, 04:07:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on February 10, 2020, 20:05:42 pmScotland or N. Ireland, I guess
Why not do a three way bridge?

NI, Scotland and Wales all linked by the isle of man????

I might email boris with this he loves wasting money, maybe we can have flowers and allotments on it, of course it will be tariff free!

"Get the bridge done"
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Bisto

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 11, 2020, 21:36:06 pmWhy not do a three way bridge?

NI, Scotland and Wales all linked by the isle of man????

I might email boris with this he loves wasting money, maybe we can have flowers and allotments on it, of course it will be tariff free!

"Get the bridge done"
And make them pay for it!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

I think Liar racist BJ should sack everyone in his cabinet and give all the jobs to the unelected bureaucrat Dominic Cummings. 

Let's just just stop running with the sham.

Bez

Cabinet reshuffle seems to have been a mini "night of the long knives" with Javid feeling forced to resign (rather than have Cummings dictate fiscal policy to him) and anyone who had stood up to "cuddly Boris" (Like Julian Smith who by all accounts has been an excellent NI minister) being given the push....

"Yes, Prime Minister!" seems to be the order of the day to get on in this administration....the parallels with the US of A are all too obvious...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Richard_2112

Let's be honest though; Javid was never going to stay chancellor for long, was he? He stepped aside in the tory leadership contest and I'd bet chancellor was the price he named. Now Boris has his large majority Javid isn't needed any more. Bit like in the final series of The Thick Of It when Ben Swaine haggles to be shadow chancellor in order to agree to sticking the knife to Nicola Murray then gets promptly fecked over by Malcolm Tucker.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 13, 2020, 13:13:48 pmI think Liar racist BJ should sack everyone in his cabinet and give all the jobs to the unelected bureaucrat Dominic Cummings.

Let's just just stop running with the sham.
He can't be a racist he's Turkish!

Politics in this country was completely ruined by the axis of evil that was Tony BLiar and Alastair "More evil than Satan" Campbell. We reap what they sowed.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 14, 2020, 10:09:53 amHe can't be a racist he's Turkish!

Politics in this country was completely ruined by the axis of evil that was Tony BLiar and Alastair "More evil than Satan" Campbell. We reap what they sowed.
yep you might be right, but that was a good 15 years ago. and now is now not 15 years ago. 

Thatcher had Bernard Bingham - Morgoth and Sauron.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 14, 2020, 20:44:58 pmyep you might be right, but that was a good 15 years ago. and now is now not 15 years ago.

Thatcher had Bernard Bingham - Morgoth and Sauron.
Mrs Thatcher appeared to let her cabinet have more independence.

The fact that BLiar and Campbell were 15 years ago is a big grey creature with a trunk and big ears. they cast a mould to guide the future by.
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Blair and Campbell's actions are light years away from what Johnson and Cummings are getting up to and they've only just started !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 14, 2020, 22:53:53 pmMrs Thatcher appeared to let her cabinet have more independence.

The fact that BLiar and Campbell were 15 years ago is a big grey creature with a trunk and big ears. they cast a mould to guide the future by.
and you have to think why they did that.

But its 15 years ago and now is now.

Bisto

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 14, 2020, 22:53:53 pmMrs Thatcher appeared to let her cabinet have more independence.

Oh please!
The fact that Blair remains to this day an unconvicted war criminal, is held in high regard by the establishment and is allowed to continue to profit from his time in office is a total obscenity and one of the biggest indictments of British Political history ever which shames us all, but every Policy Advisor, Cabinet Minister, PM and Civil Servant is responsible for their own decisions, behaviour and actions.

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bisto

Quote from: döm on February 14, 2020, 23:00:31 pmBlair and Campbell's actions are light years away from what Johnson and Cummings are getting up to and they've only just started !

If you're talking about domestic politics perhaps, but any good that Blair might have done for the people of this country in redressing the balance of Tory misrule should never be allowed to overshadow the fact that he is an evil c*** and took the United Kingdom into an illegal war which resulted in the deaths of over half a million civilians...their blood is on his hands...If there is a Hell I hope it haunts his dreams and every waking hour; it would almost be worth going their myself just to see justice done and witness the eternal torment he would be bound to suffer once he dies.

But there is no God, Hell or Heaven...how could their be when individuals like him not only get away with their crimes but continue to prosper from them?!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bisto on February 15, 2020, 00:19:08 amBut there is no God, Hell or Heaven...how could their be when individuals like him not only get away with their crimes but continue to prosper from them?!
Hell is for Blair I agree and he knows it deep down, look at his face closely and you can see it.

The point is that both Blair and Johnson are using their political mandate to do terrible things and why people are disenfranchised with politics and politicians. What is interesting though, Murdoch supported one and supports Johnson.

Slim

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 17, 2020, 11:14:03 amThe point is that both Blair and Johnson are using their political mandate to do terrible things and why people are disenfranchised with politics and politicians. What is interesting though, Murdoch supported one and supports Johnson.

Could you tell me what you consider to be the "terrible things" that Boris intends to visit upon us? I honestly can't imagine.

Personally I think Boris has made laughing stocks of his critics up to this point. So far removed from the bumbling, hair ruffling buffoon that some would have you imagine, he has followed up a decisive election win on the back of an extremely difficult brief with the cards he was dealt, and has shown an extremely firm grasp. His performances at PMQs have been commanding and assured.

His critics won't like it, but he's absolutely nailing it.

As for the reshuffle - I can well understand Sajid's dissapointment but there was a fault line between the visions of the two men with respect to the way our country is governed. Perhaps one of the cruel, terrible things that Rufus referred to is Boris' intention to spend a lot more on infrastructure and other public spending, and the Sajster's idea of fiscal discipline would have provided an ongoing source of friction that the party, the government and the country can well do without.

Interesting though that it was Sajid's advisers who were seen as the problem, rather than the Chancellor himself. I can't quite fathom that.

Slim

Quote from: Richard_2112 on February 14, 2020, 00:20:46 amLet's be honest though; Javid was never going to stay chancellor for long, was he? He stepped aside in the tory leadership contest and I'd bet chancellor was the price he named. Now Boris has his large majority Javid isn't needed any more. Bit like in the final series of The Thick Of It when Ben Swaine haggles to be shadow chancellor in order to agree to sticking the knife to Nicola Murray then gets promptly fecked over by Malcolm Tucker.

This is indeed quite a lot like The Thick Of It, in that it's (a) quite entertaining, and (b) entirely made up. I'm especially fond of your notion that Sajid "stepped aside", when what actually happened was that he failed to get enough votes to go through to the next stage. Very creative.