We need to talk about Boris

Started by Matt2112, July 27, 2019, 04:07:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

Quote from: The Letter R on September 24, 2019, 14:43:21 pmWell ( and I'm not supporting him here ) but he has tried to get an election called but the errr "opposition" not actually sure who this is now though refused - maybe JC will grow some balls at his conference .........
half true!

There is no mandate for WTO brexit, which is what parliament were stopping.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on September 24, 2019, 15:43:50 pmJust like prorogation his call for an election was simply a device to get a no deal brexit through the back door. 
In your opinion. Who knows the inner machinations of the mind of Europhile Boris.

QuoteParliament saw through this and acted accordingly.

Just as it is my opinion that Parliament is trying to stop Brexit, an act that goes against the biggest FACT in this whole saga - the people voted to leave.
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 24, 2019, 20:23:16 pmIn your opinion. Who knows the inner machinations of the mind of Europhile Boris.

Just as it is my opinion that Parliament is trying to stop Brexit, an act that goes against the biggest FACT in this whole saga - the people voted to leave.
How many voted to leave without a deal?

We'll never know but its safe to assume it would be a log less than 17 million
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 24, 2019, 20:23:16 pmIn your opinion. Who knows the inner machinations of the mind of Europhile Boris.

11-0 you lost get over it.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

zoony

Quote from: döm on September 24, 2019, 12:17:02 pmWhat will the pm do now. Surely not the decent and correct thing and resign?
Corbyn has done things a lot worse than what Boris has, but he won't resign.

zoony

Quote from: döm on September 24, 2019, 20:57:38 pmHow many voted to leave without a deal?

How many times do you want telling that there were no options to vote for a deal or not! It was LEAVE or REMAIN!

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on September 24, 2019, 21:46:44 pmHow many times do you want telling that there were no options to vote for a deal or not! It was LEAVE or REMAIN!
...and "WTO" was not on the table.

Norway, switzerland, stay in single market were the options and they were going to be the easiest deals in the world. That is what we were told, rewriting history does not make it true.

No deal is a joke any way, because you leave on wto terms then negotiate a deal in an even weaker position.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on September 24, 2019, 20:23:16 pmJust as it is my opinion that Parliament is trying to stop Brexit, an act that goes against the biggest FACT in this whole saga - the people voted to leave.
Did they, what deal did they vote for? Do you know the minds 17.4 million people?

Get a deal and put it to the people. The deal that will be put forward was not the deal during the referendum, you want democracy, that would be the most democratic option.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: zoony on September 24, 2019, 21:43:01 pmCorbyn has done things a lot worse than what Boris has, but he won't resign.
Gawd what a dreadful man.

DavidL

Boris is fulfilling all my expectations of his suitability to be PM. I've said I'll reserve final judgement until 1st November but it's looking less and less like it will be a surprise to me.

DavidL

Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 25, 2019, 00:44:42 amGet a deal and put it to the people. The deal that will be put forward was not the deal during the referendum, you want democracy, that would be the most democratic option.
I see nothing wrong with that, rufus. Two options on the paper:
Deal or No Deal. That respects the result of the referendum.

rufus the dawg

He said "I don't agree with the judgement"

No you don't like the judgement, you have to agree with it and open parliament.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: DavidL on September 25, 2019, 00:53:04 amI see nothing wrong with that, rufus. Two options on the paper:
Deal or No Deal. That respects the result of the referendum.
No deal was not an option during the referendum dear boy catch up

DavidL

September 25, 2019, 01:02:56 am #43 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:05:16 am by DavidL
Quote from: rufus the dawg on September 25, 2019, 00:57:21 amNo deal was not an option during the referendum dear boy catch up
Leave the EU was and Leave the EU won...no mention of deals. Whilst you think we are stupid, I'm sure you don't think the EU is. Why would they agree a deal for the UK that was an attractive option if they knew Remain was an option?
That's a rigged vote....and you know it.

rufus the dawg

You said you were stupid I possible could not comment?! hehehehe

There were plenty of mentions of deals, Norway, Switzerland, stay in single market stay in customs union, etc

You agree no deal and leaving the EU is bad. Worse than remaining you see. If you want to stay out of the EU for 40 years leavers need to bring remain voters on to leaves side, taking remain off the table will just antagonise remain voters and we will rejoin the EU in 10 years.

Lets take this over to the brexit page david? otherwise we are going to be in trouble and we will get voted against by 11 supreme administrators!