Ticketmaster, the future of concerts and the concert industry.

Started by captainkurtz, March 30, 2020, 11:25:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pdw1

Unfortunately the more ticketmaster pull tricks like this , the less likely anyone is to buy tickets before they know the lockdown is definitely over. And that will help no one.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bisto

Quote from: pdw1 on April 14, 2020, 21:08:15 pmUnfortunately the more ticketmaster pull tricks like this , the less likely anyone is to buy tickets before they know the lockdown is definitely over. And that will help no one.
I Hate them with a passion! Unfortunately they have such a huge amount of clout it's often impossible to use an alternative, because there often isn't one available for many of the gigs Im interested in.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

Quote from: Bisto on April 14, 2020, 22:09:35 pmI Hate them with a passion! Unfortunately they have such a huge amount of clout it's often impossible to use an alternative, because there often isn't one available for many of the gigs Im interested in.
Agreed, wholeheartedly....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Letter R

I still can't understand why the Guns n Roses stadium shows for the end of May have not been officially cancelled or postponed as there is no way they are taking place. This could be more down to the band and promoters trying to find an alternative schedule but the ticket agencies inc Ticketmaster are still selling tickets for the event that they know won't take place - there's something a little immoral about that.

captainkurtz

I think you're right Keith - I think they want to perhaps get a rescheduled date before announcing a postponement...so they will keep selling.

The Pearl Jam Hyde Park show was noted as cancelled on the ticketing website for a day or 2...they are now back selling tickets...I think on the basis that they will be playing in 2021, even though the old date is still showing.

Coventry Ricoh Arena is apparently being turned into a COVID test centre...and Rammstein still haven't announced a postponement or cancellation of their show there...although they might actually be a suitable soundtrack for the goings on!
Anger is a gift.