Le Tour 2019

Started by döm, July 20, 2019, 17:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Quote from: pdw1 on July 22, 2019, 18:57:43 pmNo that would be the premiership
They could easily do something about that though if they showed some balls. Not sure they could stop the drug taking in cycling though.

Nïckslïkk2112

ALL HAIL EGAN BERNAL!!!!!!
Legend in my own Mind

pdw1

Hail, snow, landslides. Incredible stuff.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Nïckslïkk2112

July 27, 2019, 16:45:43 pm #18 Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 17:17:33 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Chapeau Egan Bernal! 23 and winning the TdF, let's hope he can keep it up as lots of Colombians seem to drop away quite rapidly. Seems a nice young lad too.

I'd like to say I feel sorry for Alaphilippe - but he's got a face like a Weasel and he's French! A lot of French folk on cycling sites yesterday were saying if the stage hadn't been neutralised Alaphilippe would have caught up on the descent and finished at the front of the next climb. No, today shows he would have been Toast. If the last couple of stages had been run as intended he probably wouldn't even have come top 10, so yesterday saved him.
If he wants to be a GC contender, he'll probably lose the edge on his one day racing form. Decisions. Decisions.
Legend in my own Mind

Slim

It must be a decently clean sport now, isn't it? Surely after all the attention seven or eight years ago, it couldn't just be business as usual?

Nïckslïkk2112

I doubt it's clean. But I don't think there's industrial scale doping going on these days.
Legend in my own Mind