Le Tour 2019

Started by döm, July 20, 2019, 17:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

döm

Enjoyable Tour so far. Alaphillipe has been magnificent and today's stage was sensational. Pinot was very unlucky to have been caught out in the day of cross winds the other day or it would be a French 1 2  in the overall classification just like todays finish.

Who would have thought that Alaphillipe would have been able to increase his lead over Thomas in yesterday's time trial and again today up the Tourmalet? Exceptional - there's lots of climbing to  go but I'm cautiously optimistic !
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nick

Yes marvellous effort today, another tough day tomorrow though.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: döm on July 20, 2019, 17:42:08 pmWho would have thought that Alaphillipe would have been able to increase his lead over Thomas in yesterday's time trial and again today up the Tourmalet? Exceptional - there's lots of climbing to  go but I'm cautiously optimistic !
Summat dodgier than a Team SKY jiffy bag with Alaphillipe.
Legend in my own Mind


döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 20, 2019, 21:48:37 pmSummat dodgier than a Team SKY jiffy bag with Alaphillipe.
Its a shame but the nature of cycling means that thought does always cross your mind when someone performs exceptionally.
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on July 21, 2019, 09:44:48 amIts a shame but the nature of cycling means that thought does always cross your mind when someone performs exceptionally.
Especially when they are not expected to do and leap around lile a spring lamb to celebrate when they should be flat out on the floor from an 'exceptional' effort!

döm

Quote from: DavidL on July 21, 2019, 20:33:48 pmEspecially when they are not expected to do and leap around lile a spring lamb to celebrate when they should be flat out on the floor from an 'exceptional' effort!
Looks like he paid for that today
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Nïckslïkk2112

July 21, 2019, 22:49:21 pm #6 Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 22:57:51 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: döm on July 21, 2019, 21:53:11 pmLooks like he paid for that today
Just.

If he were a British rider, L'Equipe would be spitting piss...

Let's hope Pinot rediscovers his fear of descending to rule him out. Anyone but a French winner, but in this 100th year of the maillot jaune, I expect the provincial French town mayor who runs the UCI and the corrupt bunch of shysters at ASO* will do their best to provide one...

Nice to see convicted doper Simon Yates winning another stage, if only he'd not ridden the Giro and Adam was riding as his Domestique for the TdF. Still, if he's aiming for the Vuelta again he's getting into some good form.

* I bet Christian Prudhomme can't believe what's happened to his mate Gary "Hedley" Verity. Prudhomme will sit there in his Chateau, stroking his white Persian cat, sitting on a golden throne surrounded by freebies, ill-gotten gains and embezzled cash wondering why a trifling bit of expenses fiddling gets you the sack.
Legend in my own Mind


zoony

Possibly the worlds biggest cheating event in sport.

pdw1

Quote from: zoony on July 22, 2019, 16:32:09 pmPossibly the worlds biggest cheating event in sport.
No that would be the premiership
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on July 22, 2019, 16:32:09 pmPossibly the worlds biggest cheating event in sport.
Yes, you can't trust anything you see. I started following TdF in the early 90s - gave up a long time ago.

Nick

Watch it for the scenery.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: DavidL on July 22, 2019, 19:14:59 pmYes, you can't trust anything you see. I started following TdF in the early 90s - gave up a long time ago.
You can trust them to be doped up to the eyeballs :)

Was it not Jacques Anquetil who said "only a fool would imagine it was possible to ride Bordeaux-Paris on just water."?
Legend in my own Mind


döm

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 22, 2019, 22:48:24 pmYou can trust them to be doped up to the eyeballs :)

Was it not Jacques Anquetil who said "only a fool would imagine it was possible to ride Bordeaux-Paris on just water."?
I'd certainly want to be doped up to the eyeballs to cover that sort of distance and climb that many mountains over  3 weeks
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on July 22, 2019, 23:45:09 pmI'd certainly want to be doped up to the eyeballs to cover that sort of distance and climb that many mountains over  3 weeks
::) Does your affinity for the garlic-munching surrender monkeys extend as far as condoning them cheating in order to restore national pride?
;)

Jonners

It is such a shame that its now become a contest for who can keep the best poker face when being interviewed about a stage win

Thank the Gods for Sagan, I have no idea if he is clean or not, but at least he has personality, is a real physical specimen, and makes it all look fun.
The new songs are an abomination