Caps

Started by Nick, July 04, 2019, 17:44:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Wonder what happened to caps? check out any WW1 era photo and everybody is wearing one. It must be about time for a renaissance?

Any cap wearers on here?
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Slim

only when cycling.

Nïckslïkk2112

No.

Living up here in the grim North going capless is still a sign of open rebellion against the norm :)
Legend in my own Mind

The Letter R

Plenty of baseball caps down south often worn backwards and with that silly silver label still stuck to the visor bit..... ::)
If you mean the traditional flat cap then I thought they had made a comeback following Peaky Blinders but they're not for me.
I generally only wear a Baseball Cap when on holiday to prevent sunburn on my face - visor cannot be flat must be curved and no silver label......

Bez

Quote from: The Letter R on July 05, 2019, 09:18:30 amPlenty of baseball caps down south often worn backwards and with that silly silver label still stuck to the visor bit..... ::)
If you mean the traditional flat cap then I thought they had made a comeback following Peaky Blinders but they're not for me.
I generally only wear a Baseball Cap when on holiday to prevent sunburn on my face - visor cannot be flat must be curved and no silver label......
Not for me. Either "Peaky Blinders" style flat cap - risible - or "baseball" style (worn in either direction).

I'd rather burn, or don my straw "Panama..."
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

DavidL

July 05, 2019, 10:44:57 am #5 Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:54:18 am by DavidL Reason: Adddition
Quote from: The Letter R on July 05, 2019, 09:18:30 amI generally only wear a Baseball Cap when on holiday to prevent sunburn on my face - visor cannot be flat must be curved and no silver label......
I think the 'high' caps with the flat visor are referred to as trucker's caps (Becks told me). Currently preferred to the classic baseball cap by pop stars and rappers, innit?

Matt2112

NOT A FAN OF CAPS

::) ;)
The keys to happiness

zoony

July 05, 2019, 17:50:41 pm #7 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:43:25 am by zoony
Not a fan of anything on my head. Have got a summer trilby if I'm out when the sun is really beating down though. We're supposed to wear bump caps at work, but I don't bother with them on nights or weekends when there are no gaffers about.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on July 05, 2019, 17:50:41 pmNot a fan of anything on my head. Have got a summer trilby if I'm out when the sun us really beating down though. We're supposed to wear bump caps at work, but I don't bother with them on nights or weekends when there are no gaffers about.
You want to be careful, mate. Not wearing supplied PPE is a disciplinary offence - take care

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on July 06, 2019, 09:50:16 amYou want to be careful, mate. Not wearing supplied PPE is a disciplinary offence - take care
Cheers mare, but I don't really care.

DavidL

Pricey

my friends having turned 50 I now own , much to Spuds dismay , 2 flat caps , a deerstalker , a Ghillie , and another country type chapeau . 

I wouldn't go down the summer flat cap route , but I do enjoy a cap in other seasons .
I'll try and behave . Promise

Slim

I QUITE LIKE THEM

Pricey

after much searching I found my 12 year old straw fedora last night , thought I had lost it ; bit battered and a couple of holes / ventilation in the weave but I feel this adds tremendously to hits character . rather than try and reshape it I think ill leave the battle scars in place .
I'll try and behave . Promise