Cinema Strangiato - 21/08/19

Started by Matt2112, June 12, 2019, 12:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R

Had an email from Curzon saying due to high demand the screening is now moved to the larger Screen 1 - due to the move however seats are now un-allocated....

Matt2112

Two days away - that's sneaked round.

Appears to be two showings at Manc Printworks: 7.30pm and 8.30pm

I'm at the former.  How about a roll call? :)
The keys to happiness

zoony

I don't think I'm going to bother with this now.

Matt2112

August 20, 2019, 11:09:58 am #18 Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 15:18:42 pm by Matt2112
I've just learned that this is showing at The Light in Leeds!  Bugger.  May see if those nice folk at Vue will allow an exchange.

EDIT:  They have.  Leeds Light at 7.30pm it is. :)
The keys to happiness

Richard_2112

Well, that was ace!

6 years since my last Ruah show and I'd genuinely forgotten just how awesome they were live. Plus the Leeds showing was deafeningly loud so you really got a concert experience.

Big thanks to Matt for tipping me off about the Leeds showing
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

August 22, 2019, 01:16:17 am #20 Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:17:58 am by Matt2112
Well I only got to know it was showing in Leeds yesterday myself, so a good stroke of luck there.

Yes, that was LOUD but gloriously so, with both guitars right up in the mix.  The concert footage which made up the large majority of the lengthy running time (150 minutes) was pretty eye-popping on the big screen, often giving the impression you were watching the chaps in action from the stage itself.  Got to say that while the musicianship is obviously top class, it was Geddy who really stood out for me here, attacking his basses with wonderfully nimble precision and relish.

Yes, the film is basically a bloated R40 Blu-ray extras package for the hardcore completist fanbois and fangrrls - of which I am unashamedly one.

And great to have a little catch-up with Richard too, who was one of the not inconsiderable number of air-drummers in attendance...! :)
The keys to happiness

Thailand Express

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Even if the highlights of the night were from a DVD I already own, it's as close as you could get to being at a Rush concert again.

zoony

I now regret not going to see it, but a combination of things prevented me, so that's life I guess.

Chris Quartly

I enjoyed it a lot, the cinema I went to in New York looked full. I hadn't bought the R40 blu-ray or seen any of the footage so it really brought back some good memories from that tour (including Losing It, from the show in New Jersey I went to).
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Ali

Unfortunately the screening at FACT Picturehouse in Liverpool was a disaster - the sound dropping out repeatedly throughout the live sections 😠 
Initially, I and many others thought it was intentional as the first time it only left us with Geddy's bass and vocals - was it possibly going to give snippits of the individual mixes?
Anyhow, everyone that attended is being offered a full refund - so it ended up being a cheap, if jarring, night out 😂
On the plus side, it was lovely to bump into Japes and Jude again 👍
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

NeilP

It's getting another showing in Glasgow this Thursday in Ashton Lane, might give it a bash

zoony

Quote from: NeilP on August 26, 2019, 12:34:08 pmIt's getting another showing in Glasgow this Thursday in Ashton Lane, might give it a bash
So much for the one night only advertising then mate 😉.