More Muse UK gigs announced.

Started by Reg, June 10, 2019, 15:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

UK September Tour

14 September | London | O2 Arena
15 September | London | O2 Arena
17 September | Birmingham | Birmingham Arena
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

pdw1

Thinking of trying for Saturday in London.
I should get a presale code.

Reg - did you enjoy Saturday's gig?
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Reg

I'm not sure where it fits in the Grand Scheme of Things in Reggie's World as yet - but I think this is one of the top 5 'gigs' I have ever been to. I was on cloud 9, and in tears of joy more than once. So they have joined the lofty ranks of Rush and U2 in having that effect on me.

This was more than a 'gig' with 3 musicians at the top of their game playing music that I love. It was also musical theatre and circus. The set-list was pretty much all I could have hoped for.  

If you have seen the Live in Rome Bluray, you will get an idea. If not, then I highly recommend it.

The one big disappointment was the Tom Morello support slot. Whilst undoubtedly a fantastic guitarist, he bored me. 

The first, very short support slot was from a Manchester band called Pale Waves, and their brand of jangly indie-pop was much more entertaining.

I'm not one to score something 11 out of 10, but this got 10 out of 10, and a Gold Star.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Matt2112

Sounds magnificent, Reg.

Would love them to play Leeds Arena.  You can always rely on a huge, spectacular show with Muse; that said, the last time I saw them was a Drones tour warm-up show at Manchester Academy which of course didn't have all the big bells and whistles but was still a tremendous and thrilling performance.  Matt Bellamy is obviously the focus and a formidable performer, but the other two are a very under-rated rhythm section it seems to me.

Haven't actually heard their last album yet; that needs fixing pronto.
The keys to happiness

pdw1

Reg, sounds like you had fun. I saw Muse on the Drones tour at The O2 Arena and it was an incredible show.

There was a massive cock up with early entry code yesterday (I was sent the wrong one over 2 hours after the sales opened). In the end I didn't fancy spending £106 for tickets at the back  >:( Maybe next time.

Matt - think you might like Simulation Theory especially as it is their '80s synths' album  :o
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

The Letter R

Reg

Yay! Somebody filmed Manchester.

One of the comments on the video says that the O2 is being filmed in September?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjDwomxTgJM