The Conservative Party Leadership Election of 2019

Started by Slim, May 29, 2019, 16:23:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

I've happened upon Jeremy Vine's article/anecdote about his experience with Boris - it may make you laugh, or cry, or both - any which way, it's fascinating reading:

My Boris Story
The keys to happiness

döm

Quote from: Matt2112 on July 26, 2019, 10:50:27 amI've happened upon Jeremy Vine's article/anecdote about his experience with Boris - it may make you laugh, or cry, or both - any which way, it's fascinating reading:

My Boris Story
There's no doubt he's a good orator who loves the sound of his own voice. He's a showman who can think quickly on his feet. His unusual turn of phrase and delivery  make people laugh  Perhaps a stand-up comedian would have been a better career choice
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

zoony

Shouldn't this thread now be closed seeing as the leadership contest is over?

The Letter R

Quote from: zoony on July 26, 2019, 13:32:33 pmShouldn't this thread now be closed seeing as the leadership contest is over?
A sensible suggestion there - if only I could close it I would......

döm

Quote from: zoony on July 26, 2019, 13:32:33 pmShouldn't this thread now be closed seeing as the leadership contest is over?
Good point Zoony.  Mr Johnson probably warrants one of his own. Interesting times in UK politics
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Matt2112

Agreed - and with dom's post in response.
The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

July 27, 2019, 09:53:15 am #306 Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 19:47:29 pm by rufus the dawg Reason: english
Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on July 25, 2019, 09:56:54 amWhere is the democracy in the EU?
Come on Dogman, explain it to us, how we can we as "Europeans" influence the way the EU is run?

Nick, how do we influence any politician?.......ok......just the same way.

BTW cycle helmets. I do not know a thing about them and I bow to your knowledge on the matter. Maybe we did have a high regulation before the EU created theirs. The EU regulations are the minimum though. The UK can make them more tough if we want to. When the EU created the EU regulations on cycle helmets did that help save head injuries in countries within the EU that did not have any regulations on them? I do not know.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/smallbusiness/article-6861195/Hovding-pay-249-worlds-safest-cycling-helmet.html