TNMS v2.1 - RC2

Started by Stewart, May 26, 2019, 20:51:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Welcome to the updated TNMS...

Not only is it a LOT more secure, it's got a load of new features, not that I know what they all are yet...

Anyway, this is the base/default Theme, the old one isn't compatible as far as I can tell, however this one DOES support mobile devices ;-) (yeah yeah I know at last)....

I will look to making it a little more RUSH soon enough ;-)

Stew

pdw1

Stewart,
Thanks for all your hard work.
It all looks a bit bright at the moment  8)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Cheers mate. I'm sure we will get used to it, and as I only use my mobile to go on line these days, this new version is certainly easier 🙂.

Slim

Good work Stew. Nice to have the notifications feature. Not bothered about the colour scheme myself.

The Letter R

Been away - looking nice and new and clean - good work Stewart  ;D

Stewart

Just playing around with some of the new themes released for the forum software... I'm going to enable the ability for you all to choose which one to use.

Have a play with the various options, then post here with preferences/comments etc.

Stew

Slim

Well - in the current theme, two problems:

First, there's no "quote" option that I can see.

Secondly, although this could be a browser issue (I'll try Chromium in a bit), the text in the post editor is black on dark grey and not very readable.

Where are the theme options?

zoony

Cheers Stew. Quite liking the new colour scheme on here, but not sure how you change colours and things? Also as Slim says, the quote button is missing.

DavidL

Sorry but these changes are terrible for users - Please revert to previous version asap!

DavidL

No 'quote'
No 'preview'
No emoticon

The Letter R

QuoteIt's confusing to use - even replying in the thread - re-set please......... ;D

The Letter R

Now I see - in Chrome I am replying in black letters on dark grey background - not at all user friendly...... :o

captainkurtz

When you scroll down on a mobile, you always end up engaging the 'quick reply' box - that never happened before the changes.  Bit of a faff...
Anger is a gift.

Nïckslïkk2112

Legend in my own Mind

zoony

In reply to Hass's comment about the quick reply box, that is all I've ever seen since the upgrade, as I only ever use my mobile to get on here.