Borderline to Close

Started by Bez, May 13, 2019, 17:09:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce the Borderline will close its doors for the last time this summer. This has been an extremely difficult decision and one we are very sad to make. Despite an incredible effort by the team put into reviving this historic and iconic venue, it has been impossible to make it a sustainable venture due to many external factors. We've had an incredible few years at the venue, hosting fantastic gigs and club nights, and we'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who attended, played or supported us during this time.

Any gigs due to take place after the summer are due to be relocated at other venues, and we'll be releasing more information on these shortly. You can read our full statement here: http://dhpfamily.com/.../live-music-venue-borderline-set-to-c...

Much love, Borderline and DHP"

Gutted, I really like the Borderline...seen some great gigs in there over the years :'( :'(
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

BasspedalMan

Ok, I'll join in...

1981 x 1
1983 x 4
1988 x 2
1992 x 2
1996 x 2
1997 x 5
2002 x 3
2004 x 7
2007 x 7
2011 x 3
2013 x 3

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

I've got 'Borderline' by Madonna in my head now.  What a belting pop song..
Anger is a gift.

Nïckslïkk2112

Not a regular haunt of mine - only been the once - but a nice little venue. Shame. :(
Legend in my own Mind

DavidL

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 13, 2019, 20:38:41 pm
I've got 'Borderline' by Madonna in my head now.  What a belting pop song..
Ha, I've had Thin Lizzy's Borderline in my head since reading that post!

Dave64K

I guess the Band Of Friends (Rory Gallagher) gig on 4 October will be going elsewhere now
How could you expect me to live without you? One cannot become accustomed to the loss of happiness.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Slim

Quote from: DavidL on May 13, 2019, 21:01:27 pmHa, I've had Thin Lizzy's Borderline in my head since reading that post!

I've gone with Borderline With My Atoms, by Nai Palm

The Letter R

Going there tonight to see the sold out Mohair show - probably be my last visit.....