RUSHED @ Arden Road Social Club, HALIFAX, Sat 16th Nov

Started by Matt2112, April 26, 2019, 15:51:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Hurrah! Finally, a Rush trib comes to my home town.  :D

The venue is actually a bit out of town - a distance that seems too far to walk but too short for a taxi - but it's at a decent little venue and being a Saturday night there's plenty of opportunity for some mischief in some town centre rock/real ale bars afterward.  Book a room and let's make a proper night of it.  Happy to be the guide...  ;)
The keys to happiness

Richard_2112

Well that was an utterly mental night! Rushed are a fantastic tribute and I'd highly recommend them for next years Eucon. Crappy wig aside for their Geddy they were spot on for most of their set. They did a full 3 hours too! The set list had some really interesting choices and some songs I'd never heard a Ruah tribute attempt. In no particular order they did:

Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Jacob's Ladder, Natural Science, Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, Witch Hunt, A Farewell to Kings, Xanadu, Closer To The  Heart, Circumstances, The Trees, La Villa, Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, Chemistry, Far Cry, Bravado, Between the Wheels, Middletown Dreams, Anthem, Bastille Day, By Tor, A Passage To Bangkok, a medly of both Cygnus songs plus nearly all of side 1 of 2112!

Only complaints of the night were that the sound (especially the vocals) was really muddy for quite a few songs, and starting a 3 hour show at 9.15pm was taking the mick a bit. They didn't actually finish until about 12.20am!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

zoony

I'm sure they played on the Saturday afternoon at EUCON18, but I never saw them as a group of us were up the road having our evening meal.