Avengers: Endgame

Started by cygnusxdave, April 25, 2019, 22:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cygnusxdave

I went to see the first showing of it at the brand new Vue cinema in Eltham. And what a way to start.

[/size]I've seen crowd reaction video's for Infinity War and they're whooping and hollering throughout. The audience today was silent for the full 3 hours.  [size=78%]

[/size]No spoilers, but the final battle scene was immense and intense. It will be interesting to see how The Battle For Winterfell in the next episode of Game Of Thrones compares. I'm still trying to process what happened and to whom, suffice to say that even I had tears in my eyes at one point. My poor step-daughter was blubbing like a baby at times. She's 25, by the way. [size=78%]

[/size]Since Robert Downey Jr took on the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man back in 2008, The MCU has been building to this (what head honcho Kevin Feige has called The Infinity Saga). These 2 dozen or so movies have established a universe that rivals any other in popular fiction. Kudos to The Russo Brothers, too, for giving us comic book fans an ending worthy of the entire canon.  [size=78%]

I talk to planets, Baby!

zoony

Never seen any of these films, but my son Greg went to see this one at the midnight showing on Wednesday night, and enjoyed it.

Richard_2112

Just got back from it and all I can say is that was 3 hours of comic book cinema perfection!
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Matt2112

Went to a midnight showing last night to miss the crowds.

It had to go some to top Infinity War and, in all honesty, I don't think it quite managed to do so.  That said, it's a sign of a good film when its running time is 3 hours yet seems considerably shorter.

No spoilers, so I'll leave it at that. :)
The keys to happiness

Reg

Just heading in for  3D IMAX showing.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Big thumbs up from me. Outrageously good.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Matt2112

Been mulling over it and I'd actually rank this beneath Infinity War and Avengers Assemble.  I think to fully explain why would go too deeply into spoiler territory.  But suffice to say, for me there was a lot more entertainment in AA, and a lot more emotional heft in IW.
The keys to happiness