Download day tickets

Started by captainkurtz, April 21, 2019, 16:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Do these sell out often?

Contemplating the Sunday to see Tool and Smashing Pumpkins.

Never been to Donington before - what's it like as an outdoor venue? Is the sound nice and loud and clear?

I'm certain Tool will announce a full U.K. tour afterwards so not sure it's worth the effort..
Anger is a gift.

Richard_2112

I would imagine the Sunday day tickets will sell out just for Tool alone, although I can't justify the cost this time round.

The arena itself for Donington is quite good although to get the full experience you really need to have access to The Village which you can only get with a camping ticket. The sound is normally good, but it is very susceptible to the elements so it all hangs on how good or bad the weather is. Last time I went it was like a monsoon, and muddier than Glastonbury so the weather conditions made the sound pretty dreadful, but I've been in years gone by where it has been spot on.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.

Reg

It was brilliant in 1980.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Matt2112

Quote from: Reg on April 24, 2019, 11:36:40 am
It was brilliant in 1980.

For me personally it was pretty good in 1988 (I was 15), but then everything was better in the '80s.  8) [size=78%] [/size]
The keys to happiness

Analog RH

I went to Download for the day last year (to see The Hyena Kill, who are on my label). The sun was out, which was ace / rare for Download haha.
Having been to the festival in three of the last four years, the main stage sound is dependent on the wind. I know that sounds both daft and logical, but its also true! If there is no wind, the sound is ace - at the front and the back. If it's windy, the sound gets blown all over the place and is thus dire.

I may be there on the Sunday this year as the Mrs is a Tool fan and its her birthday that weekend....... ;)

pdw1

Looks like it is a bit muddy at Download this weekend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48627574

makes last time Maiden played look dry and firm under foot.  :o
Glad I'm not going  :(
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

Hope everyone leaves, so I can watch Tool by myself.
Anger is a gift.

pdw1

Quote from: captainkurtz on June 13, 2019, 23:06:09 pmHope everyone leaves, so I can watch Tool by myself.
knee deep in mud
surrounded by bouncers waiting to throw you out the second you touch you phone  :-X
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

captainkurtz

Looking forward to it, ya big southern wussy!
Anger is a gift.

zoony

Quote from: Reg on April 24, 2019, 11:36:40 amIt was brilliant in 1980.
Most things were back then mate 🙂.

captainkurtz

It didn't rain, it wasn't that muddy and Tool was a 10/10 show for me.  Absolutely amazing.
Anger is a gift.