Bernie Torme RIP

Started by Nick, March 18, 2019, 18:19:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on March 18, 2019, 18:19:21 pm
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-gillan-and-ozzy-osbourne-guitarist-bernie-torme-dead-at-66.html#.XI_a0HleI4s.facebook

Another gone.
Sad. He was a true guitar hero and a big part of why Gillan were such an entertaining band. Lost all interest when the Blackmore clone came along with his ridiculous prancing around. RIP

captainkurtz

Really sorry to read of this.  Always came across as a diamond of a geezer.
Anger is a gift.

Bisto

Quote from: DavidL on March 18, 2019, 20:12:05 pm
Sad. He was a true guitar hero and a big part of why Gillan were such an entertaining band. Lost all interest when the Blackmore clone came along with his ridiculous prancing around. RIP

Ugh...can't stand JG..what a pretentious wanker!...the complete antithesis of Bernie and a big part of the reason why I avoided seeing Maiden play.

I'm not familiar with his other bands and solo material but I loved the first few Gillan albums, especially Mr Universe, so much so that I played it to death  .... That was a shit hot line up and Bernie was a big part of it....wish I'd seen them play live.

66 is no age these days and that sounds like a horrible end to his life. R.I.P.

No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Slim

Quote from: Bisto on March 19, 2019, 09:45:32 am

Ugh...can't stand JG..what a pretentious wanker!

I don't really see how a bloke from Hartlepool with those initials could be anything other than a thoroughly good chap.

I often used to run into Janick around the pubs of Hartlepool when he was in White Spirit and he was always friendly. But yes, even forty years ago, his extravagant stage presence used to grate. Very good player though.
As for Bernie, I was sad to hear he'd left us though I was never a fan. The last time I remember hearing anything he'd done was a Gillan concert broadcast on the BBC in 1979. I always preferred the previous incarnation of Gillan's band. Clear Air Turbulence and all that.