• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.

Southern Softies Summertime Drinks

Started by The Letter R, April 09, 2019, 08:02:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter R

You are all cordially invited to the Southern Softies Summertime Drinks at The Ship Tavern Holborn on Saturday 6th July

Corks will start popping around 1:30 and last orders will be when we complete whatever Magazine Crossword Neilllllll brings along - so late then!!! ::)

Do pop along if you're in the area and talk bollocks with us  ;D ........a fine selection of pub food is also served.

http://www.theshiptavern.co.uk/

Bez

RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:

Q's Comps

Some Other Suckers Parade

pdw1

I had better try and make it too then
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

The Letter R

Chris Quartly

Unfortunately I had to switch dates up a little, I'll be in the UK the 20th - 28th now.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:

Q's Comps

Some Other Suckers Parade

The Letter R

if you find yourself in London whilst you're over one evening and fancy a beer then let me know.

The Letter R

Reminder this is happening Saturday - all welcome - even lurkers to the site  ;D

Bisto

July 08, 2019, 12:07:59 pm #8 Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:21:48 pm by Bisto
Nice to get to an SS meet up again, it's been a while. Thanks for making Kelly feel welcome guys.
Some very funny stories and good laughs shared over the afternoon/evening. The Tribute Ale was very good, far better than the undrinkable IPA🤐🤢 (thanks Patrick😉) and the lager (thanks Neill😉) I won't be eating there next time though; a quick visit to the nearby Burger King might be in order at some point in the proceedings.

Btw, as regards the next one, fwiw, my do-able November dates are the 9th or the 30th.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

The Letter R

Yes - as Bisto says good to catch-up with everyone for a chat over a few beers.
The Dark Star Hophead was particularly good :)
Will start penciling dates for November - watch this space.

Bez

Quote from: Bisto on July 08, 2019, 12:07:59 pmNice to get to an SS meet up again, it's been a while. Thanks for making Kelly feel welcome guys.
Some very funny stories and good laughs shared over the afternoon/evening. The Tribute Ale was very good, far better than the undrinkable IPA🤐🤢 (thanks Patrick😉) and the lager (thanks Neill😉) I won't be eating there next time though; a quick visit to the nearby Burger King might be in order at some point in the proceedings.

Btw, as regards the next one, fwiw, my do-able November dates are the 9th or the 30th.
I hope Kelly didn't think we were too weird....a little bit weird is fine :)

pdw1

Quote from: Bez on July 08, 2019, 14:49:34 pmI hope Kelly didn't think we were too weird....a little bit weird is fine :)
I think she did a very good job of putting up with us and looking like we were not talking utter crap.
Talking of which must find some more of that IPA  :-[
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Bisto

Quote from: Bez on July 08, 2019, 14:49:34 pmI hope Kelly didn't think we were too weird....a little bit weird is fine :)
Quote from: pdw1 on July 08, 2019, 20:20:08 pmI think she did a very good job of putting up with us and looking like we were not talking utter crap.
Talking of which must find some more of that IPA  :-[

She was a bit wary at first but came away saying how much she enjoyed it and that she would definitely come again; she also liked the Ship Tavern but, like myself, wasn't impressed with the food (or the cost). It's a shame as the Ship is a nice, cozy and very easy to get to pub The trouble is once you've got a table (or two) the chances of coming back and finding it still available (having gone for a meal elsewhere, at that time of night) are virtually nil, and even if we could all reach a consensus (unlikely) on where to eat locally the chances of being able to just rock up and get a table, for what could be a dozen people is, again, highly unlikely. As I mentioned previously, Kelly and I will probably grab a burger at the Burger King next time. 
I'm guessing that the (adopts a Mickey Flanagan voice) "ambience" at the nearby Wetherspoons isn't convivial enough to warrant jumping Ship, as it were, despite the better value(?)
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Bez

Quote from: Bisto on July 09, 2019, 10:02:23 amShe was a bit wary at first but came away saying how much she enjoyed it and that she would definitely come again; she also liked the Ship Tavern but, like myself, wasn't impressed with the food (or the cost). It's a shame as the Ship is a nice, cozy and very easy to get to pub The trouble is once you've got a table (or two) the chances of coming back and finding it still available (having gone for a meal elsewhere, at that time of night) are virtually nil, and even if we could all reach a consensus (unlikely) on where to eat locally the chances of being able to just rock up and get a table, for what could be a dozen people is, again, highly unlikely. As I mentioned previously, Kelly and I will probably grab a burger at the Burger King next time.
I'm guessing that the (adopts a Mickey Flanagan voice) "ambience" at the nearby Wetherspoons isn't convivial enough to warrant jumping Ship, as it were, despite the better value(?)
Folk have drifted off for food and come back before...that might be an option for those who need to eat.

The Shakespeare's Head is OK, but VERY LOUD