KING'S X EUROPEAN & UK TOUR 2019 !!!

Started by Matt2112, March 22, 2019, 12:41:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: Thenop on March 24, 2019, 17:14:32 pm
You're certainly welcome in Zoetermeer, very friendly venue!

I am looking into it.  ;)
The keys to happiness

pdw1

I have my tickets for Cambridge and London :)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Summerland

ooh, King's X tour, might have a bit of that
-.-- -.-- --..

Matt2112

The keys to happiness

rufus the dawg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kings-X-Original-Album-Series-CD-NEW/283428185965?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Is this worth getting? I only have "Faith Hope Love" are they remastered? because I like the sound of my original CD.

pdw1

Quote from: rufus the dawg on April 03, 2019, 17:19:05 pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kings-X-Original-Album-Series-CD-NEW/283428185965?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Is this worth getting? I only have "Faith Hope Love" are they remastered? because I like the sound of my original CD.
If you have not got anything except FHL then YES YES YES.
3 of my top 10 albums of all time are in that box set.
It is just the original CDs not remastered.

The Letter R

Well worth getting for the first 3 albums alone - great price for 5 fantastic albums!! 8)

Bisto

Thanks Rufus; I've never owned a Kings X album (or seen them liveb) but at that price it would be rude not to take a punt🙂
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

Quote from: Bisto on April 04, 2019, 12:22:50 pm

Thanks Rufus; I've never owned a Kings X album (or seen them liveb) but at that price it would be rude not to take a punt🙂

As a relative latecomer to the band myself I'd say you will not regret it.  :)
The keys to happiness

Bez

Well worth catching live, mate....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bez on April 04, 2019, 12:40:52 pm
Well worth catching live, mate....

Yeah I saw them live way back in cambridge 1990ish,they were fantastic.

Analog RH

And they're in the studio as well! Hope they've got another Mr Bulbous or Ogre Tones in them. That would do me. :)

pdw1

Quote from: Analog RH on April 24, 2019, 15:28:13 pm
And they're in the studio as well! Hope they've got another Mr Bulbous or Ogre Tones in them. That would do me. :)
I'd take almost anything. Even another Black Like Sunday  ::)

pdw1

And in other King's X news

KING'S X: The Oral History Paperback
by Greg Prato

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KINGS-X-History-Greg-Prato/dp/1911036432/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=kings+x&qid=1556124004&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Countless accolades have been bestowed upon King's X over the years, and, since their formation in 1980, they have grown to become one of the most universally admired in hard rock and heavy metal. But their story is one of many ups and downs, trials and tribulations, and periods of good and bad luck. This authorized biography examines and explores all aspects of their history, both personally and professionally.

Comprised of extensive interviews conducted by author and longtime King's X fan Greg Prato, King's X allows the band's three members- singer/bassist Doug Pinnick, guitarist Ty Tabor, and drummer Jerry Gaskill- to tell their full story for the first time. It also opens the floor to friends and collaborators, plus some of the many top rock names who are also fans of the band, including Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament, The Police's Andy Summers, Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan, Soundgarden's Kim Thayil, Pantera's Rex Brown, Motley Crue's Mick Mars, and many more.

In addition, King's X explores the stories behind every single song the band have recorded over the years, while also detailing the creation of each of their twelve albums and offering insight into the influence of religion on their work. It also features memories of the band's tours with some of rock s biggest names- including AC/DC, Pearl Jam, and Motley Crue- and the events that led to their show-stopping performance at the mammoth Woodstock 94 festival.

Packed full of rare and never-before-seen photographs from throughout their career, King's X: The Oral History is the definitive companion to the band and their music.

Bisto

Keep playing 'Out of the Silent Planet' in the car
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.