Another book: Wandering the Face of the Earth - The Official Touring History

Started by Thenop, March 10, 2019, 12:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Arrogance Is Bliss

The Letter R

zoony

Matt2112

Looks essential.  According to Amazon.co.uk, it's not out until October, so I'd give it about a year.
The keys to happiness

Bez

Interested to read that Eric Hansen & Skip Daly are involved...

I've "known" them / of them both through the internet since my early years of RoIO trading. Both top guys...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Currently £22.75 at Amazon covered by their "pre-order price guarantee"

I'm holding off for the time being to see if the price drops after publication ;D
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Exiled Yorkie

While an excellent book, it is just a book of  gig listings with sporadic pictures and some brief introductory texts.  A little disappointed if I being honest.

A bloody big heavy book mind you.
1992 Sheffield
1994 Worcester, MA
1996 Albany, NY
2002 Pnc NJ, Camden NJ, MSG NYC, Philly PA, Cont
Airlines, NJ
2004 Pnc NJ, Radio City NYC, MEN
2007 Pnc, NJ, Camden, NJ, MSG NYC
2008 Philly, PA, PNC, NJ
2010 Camden, NJ, Allentown, PA, PNC,NJ
2011 MSG, NYC
2013  Atlantic City NJ
2015 Toronto,CA

Slim

There was once a website dedicated to Rush tour dates and setlists, and on the face of it (I haven't seen it, but as described) this book is just an illustrated version of that, isn't it?

DavidL

Quote from: Slim on October 31, 2019, 00:09:23 amThere was once a website dedicated to Rush tour dates and setlists, and on the face of it (I haven't seen it, but as described) this book is just an illustrated version of that, isn't it?
Robert Telleria's book, 'Mereley(sic) Players' , from 2002 has a section on set lists, tour dates etc. Although a cursory glance at the internet suggests that it contains a lot of errors (not necessarily in that chapter)
I've enjoyed using that as a reference but I would think this latest book would be the definitive one on this subject.

The Letter R

Quote from: Slim on October 31, 2019, 00:09:23 amThere was once a website dedicated to Rush tour dates and setlists, and on the face of it (I haven't seen it, but as described) this book is just an illustrated version of that, isn't it?
The cygnus site is the best - I believe Jon who runs it posts on here from time to time :

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/index.php