Author Topic: Bohemian Rhapsody  (Read 118 times)

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
Bohemian Rhapsody
« on: March 02, 2019, 18:41:54 PM »
WHAT a film.

Just saw this as part of the Cineworld IMAX festival and I'm so pleased I finally got to see this film. If I had seen this in 2018 it would probably have been my film of the year.

It is really quite astonishingly good. Goosebumps aplenty, and more than once my eyes got a little damp.

I'm not up on awards season, but I hope Rami Malek gets consideration. Brilliant!

One satisfied customer here, and now a bite to eat before Alien 40th Anniversary at 8pm - not IMAX though.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

• Global Moderator
  • TNMS Member
  • Must be the woman in you, brings out the man in me
Re: Bohemian Rhapsody
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 19:30:34 PM »
Just read that he got Best Actor at the Oscars. Good on 'im.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 02:31:18 AM »
I would have to have some interest in Queen to see this film, but I never have had, so this is another one I will have to give a miss.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 08:42:35 AM »
Mmmmm.....

I have issues with the (reported) accuracy of the storyline....if you're making a biopic make it properly...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bisto

• TNMS Member
  • Meh!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »
Mmmmm.....

I have issues with the (reported) accuracy of the storyline....if you're making a biopic make it properly...

Seconded! Lots of liberties taken with the timeline and the truth and very sanitised.
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

captainkurtz

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • blah, blah, blah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 09:29:19 AM »
Wife saw it this weekend gone and loved it.  What Bez said above, for me.  Wife wasn’t bothered at all about the historical accuracy, nor my detailed dissection of the hypocrisy of treating Mercury as a deity in contrast to the recent public twitter slaughtering of Ryan’s Adams...

Not a HUGE fan of Ryan Adams...like some stuff, don’t like other stuff, always found him to be a little objectionable / a little shit...but I’m not sure the reaction towards him recently is really commensurate with his actions...which amount to him being a little objectionable and a total shit...
Anger is a gift.

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »

Not a HUGE fan of Ryan Adams...like some stuff, don’t like other stuff, always found him to be a little objectionable / a little shit...but I’m not sure the reaction towards him recently is really commensurate with his actions...which amount to him being a little objectionable and a total shit...

Yes, too many folk are more concerned about utilising things like this to inflate their own virtue, rather than respond in a considered and constructive way.

Still haven’t seen this film btw, but it’s high on the list.
The keys to happiness