she wants to come back ....

Started by Pricey, February 15, 2019, 10:54:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on February 15, 2019, 15:39:13 pm
On behalf of about 99.9% of Muslims in this great country, I'd say, feck right off.

My Dad - and all of the people who came around that time that he knew - absolutely loved this country and the opportunities and privilege that it afforded them.  To have this dumb bitch (sorry for the terminology, but it bothers me more than most) take this course of action and then have the temerity to say she wants back in?  feck her.

Very well put, Hass.   Coming from you that comment will put the far left and the far right in an intersectional tizzy.  Well played, sir.  :D [size=78%]  [/size]
The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

Let her back in. But she should be compelled to spend the rest of her life working in say an old people's home. Feeding them,dressing them, washing then, wiping their backsides. changing their colostomy bags. She might well be unfazed by severed heads in dustbins, but actually caring for people might make her think.

Once she's pupped, her kid should be given to a gay christian couple for the LULZ
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

It's a big feck off and stay where you are from me as well. As they say, 'You make your bed....'

Matt2112

Quote from: Nïckslïkk2112 on February 16, 2019, 01:02:24 am
Let her back in. But she should be compelled

Al-Baqara 256: There is no compulsion in her religion.  It's in that other Abrahamic book that supersedes the bible.  Change of tack required, perhaps. :)

The keys to happiness

Gandalf

It's not often I shout the F word when watching the news on tv. It's a NO from me.
Madmen fed on fear and lies - to beat and burn and - kill

rufus the dawg

USA and UK illegally invade iraq that leads to nearly half a million civilian deaths and leads to the creation of ISIS.

umm

Bisto

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 18, 2019, 01:17:05 am
USA and UK illegally invade iraq that leads to nearly half a million civilian deaths and leads to the creation of ISIS.

umm

Errrm yeah...but what's that got to do with whether she should be able to return to the UK or not?
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

Matt2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 18, 2019, 01:17:05 am

umm

Jihadism long pre-dates that, rufus.
The keys to happiness

Bisto

February 18, 2019, 12:43:02 pm #23 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:44:48 pm by Bisto
Quote from: Matt2112 on February 18, 2019, 12:35:01 pm

Come on Matt, you can't deny that USA led, Western military and political expansionism, largely for the political and financial gain of US hegemonist interests, has accelerated the Jihadist cause a hundred thousand fold
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 18, 2019, 12:35:01 pm

Absolutely Matt. I feel we in the UK have to take some responsibility. Maybe? Invading Iraq and Afghanistan may not have helped?

I am pleased I do not have to make the decision though.

Matt2112

Quote from: Bisto on February 18, 2019, 12:43:02 pm

Come on Matt, you can't deny that USA led, Western military and political expansionism, largely for the political and financial gain of US hegemonist interests, has accelerated the Jihadist cause a hundred thousand fold

Maybe so, however to criticise them for that specifically as if it was a wholly forseen and intended direct consequence is probably not wholly fair.  By the way, if you're alluding to the motivations for the US being oil, then it's curious as to how that squares with the fact they're sitting on the largest untapped oil reserve on the planet.

The keys to happiness

Matt2112

Quote from: rufus the dawg on February 18, 2019, 12:53:57 pm

Absolutely Matt. I feel we in the UK have to take some responsibility. Maybe? Invading Iraq and Afghanistan may not have helped?

I am pleased I do not have to make the decision though.

See my response to Bisto above, but yes, I'm inclined to agree, you make fair points there.  Though the "we" of course I'm taking as a collective term - other than that, it wasn't necessarily in my name.
The keys to happiness

zoony

Well she's officially now had her British citizenship revoked. Good to see a bit of backbone being shown for once.

Matt2112

Quote from: zoony on February 19, 2019, 20:39:54 pm
Well she's officially now had her British citizenship revoked. Good to see a bit of backbone being shown for once.

Yes, but she can't be made stateless, so I hope and trust it's all above board.  The point is being made that, apparently, she has dual Bangladeshi citizenship. No doubt more will come to light as things develop.
The keys to happiness

DavidL

Quote from: Matt2112 on February 19, 2019, 22:11:34 pm

Yes, but she can't be made stateless, so I hope and trust it's all above board.  The point is being made that, apparently, she has dual Bangladeshi citizenship. No doubt more will come to light as things develop.
Let's hope that is the case and no taxpayer's money will be spent on her family's appeal against the UK government's decision. With this government though I suspect it will end in humiliation.