Author Topic: Les Miserables  (Read 148 times)

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
Les Miserables
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:19:32 AM »
Any of you lot watching this? Or are there not enough laser shooting, time travelling, indesructible muscle bound so and so's

Wonderful TV of the drama variety, tremendous cast and performances, lovely treatment of a classic book, costumes and sets first class etc etc etc

The new songs are an abomination

Matt2112

• TNMS Member
  • RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • The Fringe
Re: Les Miserables
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »
Saw the film a few years ago - overlong, bloated and boring with instantly forgettable songs.  Most bafflingly over-rated musical in history.
The keys to happiness

Graham Hyde

• TNMS Member
  • The things we do for Dad.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 13:13:22 PM »
I started to but it was so similar to the film/musical just missing the sing a long bits, I couldn't really see the point.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 14:47:39 PM »
I started to but it was so similar to the film/musical just missing the sing a long bits, I couldn't really see the point.

There is a reason that its similar, it was a classic book first!

rufus the dawg

• TNMS Member
  • i stihl love rush?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:17:59 AM »
Any of you lot watching this? Or are there not enough laser shooting, time travelling, indesructible muscle bound so and so's

Wonderful TV of the drama variety, tremendous cast and performances, lovely treatment of a classic book, costumes and sets first class etc etc etc

I have really tried to watch this, but finding it "miserable". And after the hair tooth scene I could not watch it any more. It does look wonderful with excellent acting

I think the Beebs "War and Peace" is a much more enjoyable Drama. Which is on the iplayer

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
The hair and teeth incident was as brutal as I have seen on TV, not for the faint-hearted