Vegetarian/vegan

Started by Nick, January 01, 2019, 10:01:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Seems to be all the rage these days. Not sure if we have any amongst us? I think I am definitely going to cut back on meat consumed and explore some veggie alternatives.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

DavidL

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2019, 10:01:10 am
Seems to be all the rage these days. Not sure if we have any amongst us? I think I am definitely going to cut back on meat consumed and explore some veggie alternatives.
Not veggie but we've been substituting Quorn for minced beef for a few years. Find it great for cottage pie, spag bol etc. I was always fussy about mince as the cheap stuff is often full of cow's hooves, skull bone and spine (well it appeared to be) and it would have to be minced steak to avoid the 'nasties' - no such issues with Mo's favourite source of protein!

zoony

I love most vegetables, but will always be a meat eater as well. Everyone can make their own choice, but we've always eaten meat, and the majority of us always will.

Matt2112

How do you know if somebody is vegan?

Because they've already told you.

The keys to happiness

Nïckslïkk2112

What was it that Morrissey said? Ah yes: "MEAT IS TASTY".

Sounds good enough to me :)
Legend in my own Mind

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 01, 2019, 13:50:48 pm
How do you know if somebody is vegan?

Because they've already told you.

;D ;D
Anger is a gift.

Bez

Slim is a veggie from memory....

Full on meat eater here.

Matt's comment is soooooo spot on
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

The Letter R

I'm an Omnivore - it's the new "thing" for 2019  ;) ;D

Slim

I was a fairly strict vegetarian between February 1985 and some time in 2011 or so. I'm not actually sure why I stopped. I think it started with prawns. I remember thinking - when a prawn loses its life, has it really lost much?

Then somehow I started eating ham sandwiches out of curiosity and I sort of desccended into a meat-eating habit from there. I still absolutely hate the worst aspects of the meat industry and I feel like a hypocrite, but the simple fact is that I do eat meat.

Sad because I was quite proud of it. It was part of my identity. I actually used to find the thought of putting it in my mouth a bit revolting. But I don't think I'll go back now.

rufus the dawg

My youngest step daughter and boyfriend are Vegan, and it's been really fun learning to cook without meat and dairy when she comes and stays. Vegan margarine is disgusting though. President unsalted butter is difficult to beat!!!

My wife is vegetarian and because I do the cooking I go along with that. I do eat meat when I want to and when I can be bothered to cook it.

Although; because I do alot of sport, I find my body aches when I do not eat meat. So I cook a Roast every so often and take Protein drinks. I buy high welfare meat from small farms which is easy where I live.