Author Topic: Liverpool 2018-19  (Read 272 times)

Ali

• TNMS Member
Liverpool 2018-19
« on: December 31, 2018, 23:12:30 PM »
Not doing too badly....despite the continued presence of Jordan Henderson! 😁
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul

Ali

• TNMS Member
Re: Liverpool 2018-19
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 00:02:57 AM »
That was one Jordan selection too far obviously - is there any other fan in the country that believes the Mackem chump should be playing regularly....for anyone! 😬

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 00:10:11 AM »
Looks like two former Liverpool managers may well have had a say in the title race in recent weeks .. must admit I've only just heard that Newcastle beat City; I stopped listening after the Toon conceded in the first minute. Bit of a surprise.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 19:14:45 PM »
.. though having said that - whatever happens tonight, I still think City will pip Liverpool to the post.

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 16:48:28 PM »
The sight of the ground staff only clearing the snow from the end that Liverpool were attacking the other night left a bad taste in my mouth. If they don't win the league now, it would bring a smile to my face.

Ali

• TNMS Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 21:56:42 PM »
Nice return to a solid, patient performance with goals inevitably following - although enough chances were spurned
to actually match Citeh's goal difference 😉

All helped by the return of Gini to the starting line-up (my player of the season for us thus far) and the dominance of Fabinho - these 2 should start every game where possible. Keita showed a bi more today, but it's to be hoped there's much more to come.

With Mo back to his sharp best back playing on the right and Bobby down the middle, we're a much more potent threat.
Needless to say, this was all achieved in a Henderson-less wonderland 😁

As for Zoony's last point re: the pitch clearing v Leicester, I'd rather not see those tactics employed...the irony being we scored a fantastic team goal on the icy surface then struggled second half on the 'better' surface!