• Welcome to The National Midday Sun. Please login or sign up.
June 16, 2019, 04:31:08 am

Liverpool 2018-19

Started by Ali, December 31, 2018, 23:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Not doing too badly....despite the continued presence of Jordan Henderson! 😁
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Ali

That was one Jordan selection too far obviously - is there any other fan in the country that believes the Mackem chump should be playing regularly....for anyone! 😬

Slim

Looks like two former Liverpool managers may well have had a say in the title race in recent weeks .. must admit I've only just heard that Newcastle beat City; I stopped listening after the Toon conceded in the first minute. Bit of a surprise.

Slim

.. though having said that - whatever happens tonight, I still think City will pip Liverpool to the post.

zoony

The sight of the ground staff only clearing the snow from the end that Liverpool were attacking the other night left a bad taste in my mouth. If they don't win the league now, it would bring a smile to my face.

Ali

Nice return to a solid, patient performance with goals inevitably following - although enough chances were spurned
to actually match Citeh's goal difference 😉

All helped by the return of Gini to the starting line-up (my player of the season for us thus far) and the dominance of Fabinho - these 2 should start every game where possible. Keita showed a bi more today, but it's to be hoped there's much more to come.

With Mo back to his sharp best back playing on the right and Bobby down the middle, we're a much more potent threat.
Needless to say, this was all achieved in a Henderson-less wonderland 😁

As for Zoony's last point re: the pitch clearing v Leicester, I'd rather not see those tactics employed...the irony being we scored a fantastic team goal on the icy surface then struggled second half on the 'better' surface!

Ali

Amazingly, even wor Jordan is actually chipping in with a few decent showings -
only taken him 7 years like 😉

Nice to see 4 proper teams left in the sem-finals 😎

Refuse to predict anything for superstitious reasons, but it's looking pretty positive
and I can't wait to see Suarez back at Anfield...tough game Sunday against a Cardiff
side with everything still to play for.

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 30, 2019, 19:14:45 pm
.. though having said that - whatever happens tonight, I still think City will pip Liverpool to the post.

:)
I think City were 9 points behind Liverpool when I issued this proclamation.

Ali

Quote from: Slim on May 13, 2019, 21:43:34 pm
:)
I think City were 9 points behind Liverpool when I issued this proclamation.

Well done Slim, did you also predict United would finish 31 points behind Liverpool? 😉

Fantastic league campaign, proper entertainment and no regrets - great kudos to Citeh for maintaining
domestic dominance, I'm sure they'll enjoy watching us v Spuds in THE main event on June 1st 😀

Slim

I didn't predict (or expect) that.

It will be a shame if Klopp fails against Spurs. He's a likeable character, but getting a bit of a reputation as a nearly man.

zoony

Have to admit that I do like Liverpool's style of play more than City's.